V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones
A heavy-duty V-Moda headphone set for DJs and the fashion conscious
- Comfortable, attractive design, good bass
- Expensive, audio lacks depth
The V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are dub-heavy and exceptionally comfortable. They're real lookers and are just the thing for dance and rock tracks with lots of bass. You may end up with a headache after prolonged use, but you probably won't want to stop using them.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
From the biker-style silver chevrons adorning the exterior to the cushioned leather interior, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are anything but ordinary. Even then the headstrap has a subtle snakeskin effect.
Part fashion item (V-Moda also has a successful clothing range), part DJ wear, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones have serious attitude. Their flexible headstrap enables them to be used with one ear on the tune while with the other you mix in the next track
The V-Moda Crossfade LP design has been designed to withstand assaults on the headstrap, cable attachments and the arms holding the earpieces in place. They shouldn't break. It's fairly certain the cord that acts as a cable won't break either. You could lasso an ox with it. You can also run it over and not impede playback from the headphones.
We spent two weeks running it over with an office chair we were sitting on, with no discernible degradation and no hint of a tangle. Try the same with a cable and you'll have a mangled mess.
The heavy-duty credentials of the V-Moda Crossfade LP extend, of course, to the sound. Bass fans will find them anything but disappointing.
The insistent beats of Gaga's 'Bad Romance' came through good and strong, with accompanying treble reverberating in the best possible way. However, they can also do subtle reasonably well, should you be in mellower mood, as we found when we cued up Midlake's complex but understated The Courage Of Others album on our iPhone.
Faced with a mixture of thumping beats and lighter tones, however, we found the V-Moda Crossfade LP lacking a little depth - not good given the $349 price tag.
These are 'passive isolation' headphones rather than noise-cancelling ones, so you won't block out all the sounds around you unless you really crank things up. Usefully, V-Moda packs in an inline microphone and track play/pause button so you can take calls from your iPhone. The Kevlar cord also comes with adapters for a hi-fi, iPhone or laptop headphone connector.
The whole V-Moda Crossfade LP caboodle comes in a highly unusual snakeskin-clad moulded plastic casing with a dust cloth with which to clean nasty fingerprints off those distinctive silver shields.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHealthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTField ConsultantOther
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTWindows Server EngineerOther
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCDigital Customer Marketing ExecutiveNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC