Ulead CD and DVD Pictureshow 4.0
- Great interface
- Photo editing options could be better
This is intuitive, affordable software. Frankly, if you can’t make an entertaining slideshow using PictureShow, it might be time to review your picture-taking policy.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Digital cameras are great, but how best to use all those images? There's been an explosion in the affordable photo-printer market and you can get your snaps printed online, or you can display pictures on handheld devices such as MP3 players. So far, so dull.
But with the help of PictureShow 4.0 from Ulead, you can present your holiday snaps on the good old telly. And you can do so with such panache that you even may be able to convince your colleagues they are worth a look.
PictureShow creates slideshows from photos and video clips. Once you've set output options, the process works in three simple stages. First is "Organise". Point the software at your images, make tweaks and arrange your pictures. ExpressFix, PictureShow's integral photo editor, is no Photoshop killer, but it covers the basics.
Next, you "Theme" your project, selecting from headings such as "Vacations", "Special Events" and "Fantasyland". There are useable defaults so you can throw together a good-looking slideshow in minutes, but every aspect is customisable.
When you're happy with your masterpiece, go to Burn. You can save to a optical disc, your hard disk or both. You can also include the original image files, so you could send granny a slideshow to watch on TV, along with individual pictures for her to print out.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Analytic Solution DesignersACT
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveACT
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- TPImplementation Planner - Payroll PortfolioQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT