- Supports SPI and NAT firewalls, family-friendly controls
- Novice users may be confused with setup, mixed speed scores, Price
The TEW-631BRP offers good performance at close ranges but is slow at longer distances. It'll be given a run for its money by a good Mimo 54G kit. Nevertheless, this product has some interesting features and remains a decent buy - for now.
Price$ 267.00 (AUD)
The TEW-631BRP is a rather plain-looking Wi-Fi router, clad in Trendnet's trademark blue plastic. It might be a plain Jane, but it's nonetheless a well-specified device with some nice features.
There's a row of status LEDs along the front, and at the rear a trio of Mimo antennae can be swivelled to optimise signal strength. In between there's a WAN port, four LAN ports, a reset pinhole and a switch to turn Wi-Fi on and off. The Trendnet supports WPA2 security and QoS (Quality of Service) - a useful addition that'll prove important for glitch-free audio, video and gameplay.
Setup is completed entirely via a web interface. Wizards walk through the various tasks, but novice users would have appreciated a bit more hand-holding. The Trendnet supports SPI (stateful packet inspection) and NAT (network address translation) firewalls - curiously, SPI is switched off by default.
Family-friendly controls let users grant access only to approved sites, limit Web access by day and time and block access for certain types of applications, such as file sharing programs and games.
In our speed tests the TEW-631RBP produced mixed scores. We clocked a peak data throughput of 57Mbps (megabits per second), but when we switched to longer-range testing, throughput dropped to a disappointing 16Mbps.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTService Design Analyst (Service Management Specialist- ITIL)Other
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Asset Information OfficerOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther