- Supports SPI and NAT firewalls, family-friendly controls
- Novice users may be confused with setup, mixed speed scores, Price
The TEW-631BRP offers good performance at close ranges but is slow at longer distances. It'll be given a run for its money by a good Mimo 54G kit. Nevertheless, this product has some interesting features and remains a decent buy - for now.
Price$ 267.00 (AUD)
The TEW-631BRP is a rather plain-looking Wi-Fi router, clad in Trendnet's trademark blue plastic. It might be a plain Jane, but it's nonetheless a well-specified device with some nice features.
There's a row of status LEDs along the front, and at the rear a trio of Mimo antennae can be swivelled to optimise signal strength. In between there's a WAN port, four LAN ports, a reset pinhole and a switch to turn Wi-Fi on and off. The Trendnet supports WPA2 security and QoS (Quality of Service) - a useful addition that'll prove important for glitch-free audio, video and gameplay.
Setup is completed entirely via a web interface. Wizards walk through the various tasks, but novice users would have appreciated a bit more hand-holding. The Trendnet supports SPI (stateful packet inspection) and NAT (network address translation) firewalls - curiously, SPI is switched off by default.
Family-friendly controls let users grant access only to approved sites, limit Web access by day and time and block access for certain types of applications, such as file sharing programs and games.
In our speed tests the TEW-631RBP produced mixed scores. We clocked a peak data throughput of 57Mbps (megabits per second), but when we switched to longer-range testing, throughput dropped to a disappointing 16Mbps.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Netgear
- CES 2018: D-Link Demonstrates New Connected Innovations
- Razer Partners With Ignition Design Labs on Gaming-Grade Wi-Fi
- Netgear target small businesses with Orbi Pro
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Data Analyst - SAP PM ModuleOther
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTUser Experience PractitionerACT
- CCRequirements AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Cyber Security)QLD
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- FTSenior System Engineer - Wintel & MacVIC
- TPAutomation TesterACT
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- FTService Design Analyst- Service Management Specialist- ITILOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTDigital Technical LeadQLD
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther