TP-Link 10400mAh Power Bank: charge your phone and tablet while on the go
With two ports, the TP-Link Power Bank can charge two devices simultaneously
- Multiple charges
- Can charge two devices simultaneously
- Adds a bit more bulk to your everyday carry bag
Pick up this Power Bank if you have a big phone or tablet that you want to keep charged up while on the go. It's great for long commutes, travelling, outdoor job sites, or any other scenarios where you won't come across a wall outlet for a long while.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Many of us tend to have smartphones that run out of battery life while we're on the go. For those annoying times, a mobile charger is the ultimate accessory. TP-Link's 10400mAh Power Bank (model number TL-PB10400) is one of the most useful on the market, allowing you to charge your device multiple times, or even to charge two devices at once. The only downside is that you have to carry around a bit more bulk.
It's a battery pack with a rectangular shape that's 88mm long and 42mm wide, and it's got that white Apple-device-like styling we're all so familiar with. Up top there are two USB ports, one with a 1A (amp) rating, and another with a 2A rating, and these are the ports that you use to plug in your devices. One the side is a micro-USB port, and this is what charges the battery pack. You can use your phone's charger to charge the battery pack, and you should do so overnight as it's a big battery and will take many hours to be filled completely.
With a 10400 milliamp-hour (mAh) rating, the Power Bank packs plenty of juice for today's big phones. Models such as Samsung's Galaxy S5, for example, feature a battery with a 2800mAh rating. This means that on a single charge of the Power Bank, you can charge the Galaxy S5 up to three times from anywhere.
During our evaluation of the Power bank, we tested with both a Samsung Galaxy S5, and with a Samsung Galaxy S4, which has a slightly smaller battery of 2600mAh. We were able to get three and a bit charges out of the Power Bank before it was depleted (one of the S5, and two and bit of the S4). There is a string of indicator lights at the top of the battery pack to let you know how much life it has remaining, and there is a quick-check button to press as well, so you can make sure the battery has enough life in it before you venture out.
We didn't charge our phones when they were completely dead, nor while they were off. Instead, we waited until we received the Android battery notification telling us that the battery was a few percent off dying, and only then plugged them in to the Power Bank. We feel that this is a typical way to use the portable charger, because you don't want to wait until your phone is completely dead. Furthermore, you will still want your phone to be operational while you charge it so that you can continue to receive calls and messages (the supplied USB charging cable is about 80cm long).
A typical charge off the 1A USB port took about 2hr 30min for the Samsung Galaxy S5, while a charge on the 2A port took about 1hr 30min. The charge time from the 2A port is approximately the same as the time we get when charging the phone using its supplied 2A wall charger. This means you won't have to compromise charge time for convenience for that phone.
You don't have to restrict usage of the Power Bank to phones either. We found it to be useful for also charging other micro-USB equipped devices, including Bluetooth headphones. That said, it's best suited to those of you who use big phones and also tablets. It costs $50 and is a good investment, especially if you want to keep two or more devices charged up while you're out and about.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Australian startup launches Tiller Kickstarter campaign
- Anki Arrives In Oz
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
- Take a ride on Positron’s Voyager, a full-motion chair for VR cinema
- Intel showed how 5G networking will power VR and self-driving cars
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTLead UI Designer (Apps)NSW
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther