- Wide range of formats supported, tablet design, larger screen than most
- Slightly low contrast, tinny sound
Some clever design features like dual headphone outputs and swivel screen make up for a lack of volume from the in-built speakers and some minor contrast issues.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
DVD players are popping up in an ever-increasing number of luxury cars as a way to keep the kids quiet on long trips, but Toshiba's SD-P2700 portable DVD player offers a more flexible alternative to fixed players.
The small unit measures 26 x 3.5 x 19cm, and features an 8.9" TFT screen running at a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The design looks like a small tablet PC, and the screen can be rotated 180 degrees from its default clamshell position. The silver unit sports a top-loading DVD drive and buttons on the right. There are also buttons on the side of the screen so you can control playback when you the screen is pivoted.
The unit supports more than just DVD video; it can play back WMA and MP3 audio, as well as JPEG images and DivX video. The side of the machine features a SD/MMC/MS slot for flash memory, so you can also view images on the screen.
The bundled 1.5W stereo speakers are a bit tinny, but there are dual headphone sockets, so two people can share a screen or listen to music. Video playback quality is good, and the unit remained stable and responsive during testing. No playback glitches became evident while watching DVDs, and the machine supports DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, Video CD, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW media. The contrast is a little low, and black looks more like a dark shade of grey.
Aside from being able to play DVDs on the screen, there are also S-Video, component and composite outputs so you can use the unit as a conventional DVD player. There's also a composite input and the machine ships with a small remote control, making it ideal for people that travel extensively (and those who don't want to watch hotel in-house movies).
The bundled 4800mAh battery powers the unit for a little more than three hours of playback, which should be adequate for most occasions. A car adapter is also bundled with the kit so you don't have to worry about running out of power while driving, and the package comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistACT
- FTIT Support/ Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTIT Contracting & Licensing AnalystOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTJAVA DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer | APIOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTData Analyst / Reporting Analyst - $496.00 per dayOther
- CCFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingOther
- FTInformation ArchitectOther
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCTechnical Specialist ? VMwareVIC
- FTManager, Data QualityOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTTelecom Engineer - Network VoiceOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst / Change Manager ( Banking background)Other