- Wide range of formats supported, tablet design, larger screen than most
- Slightly low contrast, tinny sound
Some clever design features like dual headphone outputs and swivel screen make up for a lack of volume from the in-built speakers and some minor contrast issues.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
DVD players are popping up in an ever-increasing number of luxury cars as a way to keep the kids quiet on long trips, but Toshiba's SD-P2700 portable DVD player offers a more flexible alternative to fixed players.
The small unit measures 26 x 3.5 x 19cm, and features an 8.9" TFT screen running at a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The design looks like a small tablet PC, and the screen can be rotated 180 degrees from its default clamshell position. The silver unit sports a top-loading DVD drive and buttons on the right. There are also buttons on the side of the screen so you can control playback when you the screen is pivoted.
The unit supports more than just DVD video; it can play back WMA and MP3 audio, as well as JPEG images and DivX video. The side of the machine features a SD/MMC/MS slot for flash memory, so you can also view images on the screen.
The bundled 1.5W stereo speakers are a bit tinny, but there are dual headphone sockets, so two people can share a screen or listen to music. Video playback quality is good, and the unit remained stable and responsive during testing. No playback glitches became evident while watching DVDs, and the machine supports DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, Video CD, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW media. The contrast is a little low, and black looks more like a dark shade of grey.
Aside from being able to play DVDs on the screen, there are also S-Video, component and composite outputs so you can use the unit as a conventional DVD player. There's also a composite input and the machine ships with a small remote control, making it ideal for people that travel extensively (and those who don't want to watch hotel in-house movies).
The bundled 4800mAh battery powers the unit for a little more than three hours of playback, which should be adequate for most occasions. A car adapter is also bundled with the kit so you don't have to worry about running out of power while driving, and the package comes with a one-year warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTFrontEnd Angular DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTMarketing Operations ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- FTProject Administrator, IT ProgramOther
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Reporting) - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTSystems AdministratorOther