- Compact, easy to set up
- Limited volume levels, not the longest warranty
Toshiba's SD-63HK is a great solution for those looking for an easy, all-in-one home theatre kit, but its low volume makes it a best suited to a small room.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Toshiba's SD63HK home theatre kit offers just about everything you need to set up your own home cinema (except a screen). The small system was designed by KOI and features four satellite speakers, a centre speaker, subwoofer and DVD player.
All the satellite speakers feature wall mounts and angled bases so they can be positioned on shelves or stands to beam the sound around a lounge room. The mounting slots are cut in such a way that the speakers can be fixed to walls vertically or horizontally.
Installation was a cinch. All of the cabling is colour-coded to match the corresponding speaker, so you don't have to worry about finding the right socket to connect things. The subwoofer features a bass level control and a line-in from the DVD player.
The DVD player itself is a classy number, including AM/FM radio, optical/coaxial audio in, and composite video inputs. It can also output to a massive range of destinations including SCART, S-Video, component, composite, and the audio out for the speakers. There's even a headphone connector at the rear of the unit. The DVD player features an angled, smoked mirror front, with brightly lit buttons and a large volume knob on the right. It looks great, but the brightness of the buttons (and lack of clear text identifying what they are for) made it difficult to use the machine in the dark. The remote control worked well, however.
The machine supports the standard array of media, including VideoCD, DVD and CD, and offers Dolby Pro Logic and DTS Surround sound.
The audio quality is surprisingly good considering the small size of the speakers, and the subwoofer offers plenty of punch for a small room. We tested the rig with a few DVDs and found it cut through background noise to offer clear sound, but the volume is limited; it's hardly capable of producing ear-splitting audio.
The one-year warranty is less than that offered by some of the competition, but otherwise the Toshiba package is comprehensive. It's quick to set up, offers good quality audio, and the small speakers are ideal if you don't have oodles of space.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Co-ordinatorOther
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistACT
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TP3 x Change and Adoption Managers | Health | 12 month contractsQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- CCCISCO Project ManagerACT
- FTMainframe DevelopersOther
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Surveyor - TelcoVIC
- FTTeam Leader - Service Desk (Internal Customers)SA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTGenesys ConsultantACT
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW