Topaz Labs Adjust
Topaz Adjust offers a quick way to make images more dynamic, by manipulating their exposure, contrast and saturation.
- Excellent preset system, adaptive exposure and saturation sliders for greater effect
- No CMYK, more dramatic effects bring out image noise, Photoshop’s Adjustment panel offers many of the same effects
Topaz Adjust doesn’t offer any creative tools that Photoshop CS4 doesn’t already have, but its swift workflow and more complete preset system allow users to swiftly make their photos ‘pop’.
Price$ 99.99 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Topaz Adjust offers a quick way to make images more dynamic, by manipulating their exposure, contrast and saturation. It doesn’t offer any creative tools that Photoshop CS4 doesn’t already have, but its swift workflow and more complete preset system allow users to swiftly make their photos ‘pop’.
Topaz Adjust has controls spread across five tabs: Presets, Exposure, Details, Colour and Noise. The Presets are the key to Adjust’s usefulness, offering adjustments from the simple Exposure Correction and Mild Color Pop to the dramatic Spicify (see below) and the over-the-top Psychedelic. You can also create your own.
From here, you can tweak exposure, saturation, hue, contrast, brightness, and levels of detail. Exposure and saturation are what Topaz Labs calls ‘adaptive’: the plug-ins divides the image into a number of regions that you select, then adjusts each for more contrast in each effect. You can also work from scratch, ignoring the presets.
Photoshop includes the Adjustment controls to achieve similar effects – though without ‘adaptive’ exposure and saturation. In CS4, Adobe made these controls easier to use through the Adjustments panel. But presets in Photoshop are for individual Adjustments, while Topaz Adjust’s combine parameters.
This means it’s quick to select a preset and then modify settings. Having to enter and work within the Topaz Adjust dialog box is slower than moving sliders in the Adjustment panel, but it works as a Smart Filter and in 16-bit modes (but not CMYK).
The presets make it easier to create dramatic images, though noise can be a problem. The Noise tab accesses noise-reduction technology to reduce this, but it’s not always enough.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Amaysim launches new online offering for outright mobiles
- The Evil Within 2 review: A rare sequel that outdoes the original, though it could be so much more
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPAgile Coach & Jira + Confluence AdministrationNSW
- FTSAP Operations AnalystOther
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectOther
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ArchitectACT
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- FTAgile Business Analyst, website or mobile apps expOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC