Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio
This Tivoli table-top radio has wonderful sound quality and is well constructed
- Great full-range speaker, room-filling sound, static-free FM tuner
- We wish there was a DAB+ version
The Tivoli Audio Model One table-top radio has a brilliant speaker, great looks and a wonderful FM tuner. It's simple and well built, and it's the best table-top radio we've ever heard. We're salivating for the DAB+ version.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a table-top FM radio with a single full-range 3in speaker. It's not a particularly advanced radio, lacking DAB+ and any audio streaming features, but it has the best FM tuner we've heard in a radio this size and offers fantastic audio quality.
The design of the Tivoli Audio Model One is exceptional. The wooden case is thick, and a variety of finishes are available. The front panel is simply laid out: there's a volume dial, a switch for FM, AM and auxiliary inputs, and a geared-down AM/FM tuning dial for precise adjustment. The dials and switches feel precise and lend the radio a sense of quality and careful workmanship.
Switching on the Tivoli Audio Model One for the first time, we were expecting good-but not great quality audio. The radio uses the same full-range driver design that we've heard in the recent batch of digital radios such as the OXX Digital Classic DAB+ and the Pure ONE Classic. After putting these radios head to head, however, the difference is night and day. The Model One has a room-filling sound that is rich and warm, without overpowering higher frequencies. Treble detail when listening on-axis is impressive, with fine musical details captured from high quality sources (we used Apple Lossless audio through an Apple iPhone 3GS). A downward firing bass port helps the 3in driver create surprising amounts of expansive mid-bass, which is balanced and impressive throughout the volume range.
Apart from the excellent speaker, the other aspect of the Tivoli Audio Model One that shines through is its excellent FM tuner. Inside a building with several walls between it and open air, the Model One picked up all the stations we searched for, and was consistently static-free and clear even when using the internal aerial. With a dial that makes minute adjustments easy, it's a breeze to select the right station in crowded airwaves.
The Tivoli Audio Model One is a brilliant table-top radio. If you look at it dispassionately, it's expensive and an outdated product. However it has great build quality and excellent sound quality, and its design ensures it feel great to use — making it a product we couldn't help but love. We're keen to see a DAB+ digital radio version when it arrives.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTHogan Technical ConsultantOther
- FTSenior JAVA Developer - (Adobe Experience Manager)Other
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerVIC
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC