WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010
There's a lot to like about Smackdown 10
- Same great wrestling action, community sharing makes creating characters a breeze
- Wrestling legends are horribly under-represented
SSmackdown vs. Raw 2010 has managed to stay fresh and appealing by authentically recreating the WWE experience and providing a bevy of tools to support user generated content and community.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
The Smackdown vs Raw franchise is quickly becoming the Madden of pro wrestling. With a yearly release cycle and a juggernaut reputation, it's on its way towards establishing itself as the premier video game wrestling series. But rather than coasting on its own momentum, the way some past Madden titles have, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 continues to up the ante with more of everything fans love about the series and then some.
THQ's Smackdown vs. Raw series has become a staple video game sports franchise, garnering an extensive fanbase of rabid pro wrestling diehards. But that diehard following comes with a price: namely, pull-no-punches criticism when things go awry. Fortunately this year's iteration has much to offer where user generated content, creativity, and sharing takes center stage and it's sure to please franchise fanatics who want another excuse to climb into the ring.
In this corner...
The most touted addition to the franchise is the new Story Designer mode which allows you to create your own ongoing drama filled episodes of WWE programming. At your disposal are a multitude of options for crafting the perfect episode of Monday Night RAW, from scripting the opening promo to setting up a sneak attack on a superstar to soften them up for their upcoming bout. You can use created wrestlers as well and it's satisfying to take virtual versions of your friends and put them through the WWE soap opera wringer. This is the sort of depth the series needs and will increase the longevity of the game exponentially
Create a wrestler is as robust as ever while creations can now be shared online for download, something inept face morphing artists like myself have longed for. With the community sharing feature, I can just download the best Jake "The Snake" Roberts and "Ravishing" Rick Rude models instead of painstakingly creating my own.
And it's a good thing they streamlined the sharing feature because it's painfully obvious that THQ is shuttling the vast majority of pro wrestling legends to the Legends of Wrestlemania series. Outside of a small handful of exceptions, this year's roster is made entirely of current WWE competitors. I understand the decision-they want to keep it focused on the current roster-but I'm sure the old school fanbase will complain.
Still, there's a lot to like about Smackdown 10. The fantastic Road to Wrestlemania mode, for instance, is back, once again allowing you to play through unique stories for popular WWE personalities and your own created wrestler. This year's version is even better than last year's as the story arcs and writing are exactly on par with, or better than, what you'd see on an actual episode of Monday Night Raw. Voice acting, which once sounded tinny and painfully obvious it was recorded in studio is better than ever. Extra special props to Edge for turning in a performance fit for a king; his "girlfriend voice" is laugh-out-loud funny.
Whatcha Gonna Do?
SSmackdown vs. Raw 2010 has managed to stay fresh and appealing by authentically recreating the WWE experience and providing a bevy of tools to support user generated content and community. It doesn't reinvent the wheel with new gameplay mechanics or revamped graphics, but WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 excels once again as the definitive pro wrestling game on the market. Fans of the series and pro wrestling alike should definitely put it in their queues.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTData Modeller (Test Data Management)ACT
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTJava Application developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPDeployment EngineerVIC
- CCAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCFull-Stack AWS Python DeveloperWA
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther