WWE Legends of WrestleMania
With awesome superstars like Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior and Bret "The Hitman" Heart, the best days of the World Wrestling Federation featured many moments that today's young WWE roster has yet to live up to
- Nostalgic footage from WWF archives, lots of unlockables, graphics look ridiculously good for a wrestling game
- Stiff wrestling engine, hit-or-miss collusion detection, difficulty is uneven in several matches, regardless of current in-game settings
With a ton of unlockables and dozens of classic wrestlers from the glory days of the World Wrestling Federation, Legends of WrestleMania is a fan's dream come true.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
Forget Brock Lesnar and John Cena. With awesome superstars like Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior and Bret "The Hitman" Heart, the best days of the World Wrestling Federation featured many moments that today's young WWE roster has yet to live up to. With a metric ton of unlockables, live footage straight from the achieves and dozens of classic wrestlers hailing from the glory days of the WWF, Legends of WrestleMania is a fan's dream come true and one of the most fun wrestling games in years.
WWE Legends of WrestleMania is made for fans who have fond memories of watching wrestlers like Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan go at it in the squared circle. Legends harkens back to a period in time when the "sport" was less about grappling mechanics and more about heavy punches and power moves. Thanks to a great deal of dedication from developer Yuke's and the WWE, Legends of WrestleMania looks and plays like a dream match, despite some questionable controls and clunky physics.
From the moment you first see WWE Legends of WrestleMania in action, you'll be amazed that the game looks as good as it does. Whether you're playing on PS3 or the Xbox 360, the overly muscled physiques of Yokozuna and Andre the Giant may not be very realistic, but they're definitely imposing and powerful. I'd even say they visuals compare favorably to the Smackdown vs. Raw series. Entrance themes and theme music play out just like the real-life matches they imitate; I had a nostalgic tear in my eye as I saw a young, lanky Undertaker take to the squared circle to his trademark music.
Much of the incentive to play WWE Legends of WrestleMania comes from unlocking events and footage in the WrestleMania Tour mode, where you can replay famous match-ups from past WrestleManias, like Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior or Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock. Even better, the game also gives you the option to "Relive", "Rewrite", and "Redefine" matches, all of which let you alter the very course of Wrestlemania history with insanely awesome results.
No Ring Rust Here
While Legends looks and sounds almost perfect, the dividing factor for wrestling fanatics may be the grappling engine, which has been retooled to focus more on Quick Time Event button cues and button mashing. Even though the action feels faster than Smackdown vs. Raw, the combat in Legends isn't perfect. Instead of complex analog stick rotation linked to dozens of specific moves, simply hitting the face buttons will result in damaging combos. I actually like the fact that the more you build up your Finishing Meter, the more showy and powerful your attacks get; I just wish that it were easier to connect on most of them. The hit detection is spotty at best but strangely enough, it doesn't affect the computer A.I. at all.
Still, the arcade style action is a blast when you've unlocked the deep roster of characters. Old school favourites like The Big Bossman, Rick Rude and the Undertaker are present and accounted for, and each wrassler has a full complement of costumes and intro movies. There are a large number of match types as well, which lets you mix things up nicely. You even have the ability to import wrestlers from Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, which is a welcome feature for sure. There's just no two ways about it: WWE Legends of WrestleMania is a great trip down memory lane and it's a fantastic wrestling game to boot.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- TPICT TechnicianVIC
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, website or mobile apps expOther
- FTEnvironmental Planner / Land Access CoordinationOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTC ++ DeveloperNSW
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSAP Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- CCService Desk AnalystACT