THQ Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command
- Makes good use of the Warhammer 40k franchise, fun and engaging turn-based action
- Missions can be hard, the pace of the game can slow to a crawl at points
For Warhammer 40K fans, this game's a no-brainer but even if you're unfamiliar with the franchise, Squad Command is a quality turn-based strategy game that deserves serious consideration.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
Whether you're new to the Warhammer 40K universe or a hardcore vet, you owe it to yourself to check out Squad Command. This turn-based strategy game is a great addition to the franchise and should tide you over until the inevitable release of Dawn of War 2.
Step by step
Squad Command plays out far differently than Dawn of War and its many expansion packs. It's a turn-based affair, so the battles are more methodical and slower paced. You start out with a squad of various units which range from standard Space Marines to vehicles; every unit possesses a set number of action points that they expend each turn to perform actions like movement and attacks.
Most levels require you to completely destroy every single enemy unit though there are some varied objectives like blowing up specific targets. The graphics are a little muddy but they get the job done and the controls are pretty slick, though panning around the levels can be a bit of a chore.
With the lights out...
We also didn't like the mission difficulty, which can be pretty brutal -- be prepared to replay missions often. There's also a thick fog of war that covers the playing field and you constantly come under attack from hidden foes, which can slow the pace of the game down. Despite this frustration, however, we found ourselves wanting to return to the game over and over again.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
- Cygames bringing “2016’s standout digital CCG” to PAX AUS
- Win the ultimate life-size Star Wars figure with Star Wars: Battlefront II on PlayStation Store
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPTechnical Specialst (Office 365/Azure)SA
- CCProject Support AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / DesignerNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- TPAPS 6 Business AnalystACT
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- CCSAP Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTBid ManagerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD