THQ Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
- Responsive handling, online mode is loads of fun
- Specific tuning options would have add some depth to the game
Beyond its online career mode, there's not much that leads Juiced 2 to stand out from the pack. It's an unassuming street racer with few flaws, but at the same time, few outstanding qualities. Even the visuals don't inspire much, leaving Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights cold by morning.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
With more women than cars packed into Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, you can't help but wonder if it isn't adrenaline that the game is trying to get flowing. A straightforward street racer with far too much attitude and not nearly enough substance, the saucy sequel has plenty of action, even if it isn't as hot as it claims.
Juiced 2 attempts to straddle the line between arcade-style play and pure simulation, but it's most definitely an arcade racer.
Responsive handling and generally accurate physics make it easy to play, whereas more advanced drifting, spooking, and drafting techniques add a bit of depth. How you handle your car--from your use of nitrous to successful drifts to the number of opponents you've overtaken--is all recorded in your Driver DNA. Intended to reflect your individual driving style, this unique element just comes off as a novelty--an in-game list of achievements that has virtually no impact on your experience.
Exciting as a high-speed run through Rome or a drift at the base of the Eiffel Tower may sound, the venues featured in Juiced 2 just don't convey that adrenaline-pumping experience. Equally generic is the slate of events broken down into two basic types: circuit and drift competitions. There are a few hybrid events that do a great job of keeping things interesting such as Drift Obliterator, which requires earning a set number of drift points per lap while racing against other drivers. These are the most entertaining of the bunch, and it's no surprise that they're the most original.
As you'd expect, winning events nets you cash for souping up your car. Customisation options include limited performance tuning, although much of the focus is put on tweaking your ride's look with a slew of visual upgrades and a comprehensive decal editor. Although more specific tuning options would have added depth to the game, Juiced 2 maintains a good balance between customisation and accessibility.
Two careers--one standard and the other through Xbox Live--top a short list of modes that includes split-screen play and custom online matches. Developing an online career is without a doubt the best part of Juiced 2. Events remain consistent in both career modes, but the online element does a lot to ratchet up the energy. Aside from being wildly innovative, it's infinitely more competitive than the off-line career and, as a result, loads more fun.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DevelopersACT
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- CCSAP Subject Matter ExpertQLD
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- TPSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW