The Gamers Playroom Gamers Cockpit
- Great sound, great fun, the 'wow' factor
- Price, seat not easily adjustable, sore feet
It's expensive, but could be worth every cent for the fantastic experience if you love racing games.
Price$ 1,199.00 (AUD)
The Gamers Cockpit is an impressive, purpose-built driving simulator unit that is perfect for those who absolutely love racing games.
Packaged with a real-life car racing seat, a 2.1 Logitech sound system, a Logitech Driving Force Pro steering wheel and pedal system, a widescreen LCD television and a Sony PlayStation 2, the Gamers Cockpit is the most fascinating console peripheral we've ever come across.
In the Gamers Cockpit it actually feels like you are sitting inside a car. Apart from the obvious lack of movement, everything else is spot on, including the sound, the setup and the steering wheel and pedals.
The 2.1 Logitech sound system on the Gamers Cockpit is outstanding. We tested a variety of cars from V8s to four cylinder turbos and it actually sounds like you are driving a car. The speakers are located right behind your head, which makes you feel like you are close to the track. They provided a crisp, clear sound with a good amount of bass in our test lab. The subwoofer located under the seat makes the entire cockpit vibrate, especially when driving on bumpy or dirt tracks.
As soon as we slid into the cockpit we noticed that it provides a secure platform for the steering wheel and pedals. With most steering wheel gaming devices, the pedals and wheel are difficult to secure. The Gamers Cockpit solves these problems and provides a comfortable position for both the driver and the included hardware devices.
The seat in the cockpit is very easy to move in and out of, and is even available in black leather. The standard model that we tested was in black upholstery and did get quite warm after an extended period of use. An excellent feature of the cockpit is that the wires for the speakers and the steering wheel are secured and hidden along the base of the metal tubing, making them barely noticeable.
The LCD television on the Cockpit we tested was a 17" model, but a 23" upgrade is available. The television worked well and the position means you are very close to the action, but we felt a larger screen would have been much more impressive. The TV is set at eye-level and after more than 2 hours of continuous use, we were still in a comfortable position.
The Logitech steering wheel and pedal system included with the cockpit is also very impressive. The steering wheel has full 900-degree movement and vibration and is very responsive. When we tested rally car driving simulation, the lifelike feel of the wheel was outstanding, spinning in and out of control as our car swayed through off-road dirt. The pedals are included with the steering wheel and sit firmly on the base plate under the wheel and, although they worked fairly well, we felt that they could have been spaced out more.
There aren't many aspects of the cockpit not to like, but nothing is perfect. The seat on the Gamers Cockpit is not easy to move back and forward, and if you have a few different people using the cockpit, this could be a problem. The seat is adjustable, but you have to unscrew the adapter at the base of the frame and then slide it across, before screwing the adapter in again--it's not quick or easy. We would have liked to see the seat mounted on rails, much like a car.
The only other negative aspect of the Cockpit is the price--at about $3000 for a fully tricked package, it's far from cheap. However, it must be said that this is a specialist and purpose-built product and isn't mass-produced. The cockpit is available as just a seat and frame, or as a complete driving simulator package.
Overall, the Cockpit is one of the most impressive products we've had to review. If you have money, space and a lot of spare time, we can't think of anything better to own.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Overwatch League draws millions of eyes in first week
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Razer
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTField Services EngineerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure PMO AnalystOther
- TPProject Director | Long term contractQLD
- CCUser Interface DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Rail Project Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- CCProgram Manager l O365, Windows 10, VMWare WorkspaceNSW
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Software Development AdvisorACT
- TPChange ManagerACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Project ManagerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTProgram Manager - Digital AND Agile essentialOther
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW
- FTInside Sales Representative - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - $650 per dayOther