Ten Technology naviPlay
- Convenient, easy to pair with a Bluetooth device, flip out stand, can also act as an iPod dock
- Slightly expensive, build quality, average sound quality
The TEN naviPlay BT is ideal for those who want to wirelessly stream music from their iPod at home, but it isn't without issues
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
The TEN Technology naviPlay BT is a portable, Bluetooth stereo adaptor for iPods that wirelessly transmits a stereo audio signal to a compatible A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) device. It features interchangeable clips to suit all iPods, a fold out stand, and the ability to double as an iPod dock.
The naviPlay BT is a simple device to set up and use. Users simply dock their iPod in the cradle, and pair the unit with their wireless device. We tested the naviPlay BT with the Motorola S805 Bluetooth DJ Headphones and found that pairing is quick and easy. Holding down the power button for eight seconds places the naviPlay BT into pairing mode. There are two indicator light next to the power button; one signifying battery life and power, and the other Bluetooth status. When in pairing mode, the Bluetooth light blinks green and red. When pairing is complete the light will blink green. The naviPlay BT connects to the closest Bluetooth device in range when in pairing mode, so be sure to turn off all other Bluetooth devices to avoid any confusion. If a password input is required on the receiving device (such as a mobile phone), the unit uses the default '0000' code.
Once a connection is established, music is ready to be streamed. We used an iPod nano to stream our music and the results were favourable, although not outstanding. Audio quality is average and we experienced a slight hissing noise in the background. This was only evident at high volume levels though and wasn't a huge issue. Naturally, streaming music via A2DP is certainly not as crisp as when using a wired connection, but we still felt the sound quality of the naviPlay BT was slightly poorer than Sony's TMR-BT10.
The design of the naviPlay BT is a mixed bag, as although the fold out stand is an excellent idea, build quality is an issue. The white plastic does match the iPod style but it feels flimsy and is not as sturdy as we would have liked. Battery life is rated at up to 10 hours of continuous use before requiring a recharge, which can be achieved by either an iPod USB or FireWire cable connected to your PC, or an AC iPod adaptor. The dock connector sits at the rear of the naviPlay and when connected to your PC can act as a dock for charging and synchronising your iPod.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Asus TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A review: This 4K monitor plays nice with consoles
- 2 Firewalla Gold review: Powerful home network security in a tiny box
- 3 Alienware AW3423DW review: Quantum dot OLED renders rival monitors obsolete
- 4 Acer Aspire 5 review: An affordable laptop that’s enjoyable to use
- 5 Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 review: This gaming laptop oozes luxurious power
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- Best Unlimited Internet Deals in 2022
- Microsoft’s universal ‘One Outlook’ client just leaked out
- Liquid Retina vs. Liquid Retina XDR: Which display is better?
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies