Ten Technology naviPlay
- Convenient, easy to pair with a Bluetooth device, flip out stand, can also act as an iPod dock
- Slightly expensive, build quality, average sound quality
The TEN naviPlay BT is ideal for those who want to wirelessly stream music from their iPod at home, but it isn't without issues
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
The TEN Technology naviPlay BT is a portable, Bluetooth stereo adaptor for iPods that wirelessly transmits a stereo audio signal to a compatible A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) device. It features interchangeable clips to suit all iPods, a fold out stand, and the ability to double as an iPod dock.
The naviPlay BT is a simple device to set up and use. Users simply dock their iPod in the cradle, and pair the unit with their wireless device. We tested the naviPlay BT with the Motorola S805 Bluetooth DJ Headphones and found that pairing is quick and easy. Holding down the power button for eight seconds places the naviPlay BT into pairing mode. There are two indicator light next to the power button; one signifying battery life and power, and the other Bluetooth status. When in pairing mode, the Bluetooth light blinks green and red. When pairing is complete the light will blink green. The naviPlay BT connects to the closest Bluetooth device in range when in pairing mode, so be sure to turn off all other Bluetooth devices to avoid any confusion. If a password input is required on the receiving device (such as a mobile phone), the unit uses the default '0000' code.
Once a connection is established, music is ready to be streamed. We used an iPod nano to stream our music and the results were favourable, although not outstanding. Audio quality is average and we experienced a slight hissing noise in the background. This was only evident at high volume levels though and wasn't a huge issue. Naturally, streaming music via A2DP is certainly not as crisp as when using a wired connection, but we still felt the sound quality of the naviPlay BT was slightly poorer than Sony's TMR-BT10.
The design of the naviPlay BT is a mixed bag, as although the fold out stand is an excellent idea, build quality is an issue. The white plastic does match the iPod style but it feels flimsy and is not as sturdy as we would have liked. Battery life is rated at up to 10 hours of continuous use before requiring a recharge, which can be achieved by either an iPod USB or FireWire cable connected to your PC, or an AC iPod adaptor. The dock connector sits at the rear of the naviPlay and when connected to your PC can act as a dock for charging and synchronising your iPod.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Selenium/ToscaOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTios DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business SolutionsNSW
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business Solutions l SydneyACT
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther