Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors 7 review: A brilliant offering by Tecmo Koei
- Just about everything in this game.
- A clean, mature and refined title in a series that is starting to get some real attention, even in the West.
- It's going to be difficult for Tecmo Koei to top this.
- Dynasty Warriors 8 will need to be very different.
These games are always a love-or-hate affair, but if you've ever enjoyed a Warriors game in its 11-odd year history, Dynasty Warriors 7 is a must buy.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Omega Force has done a good job in breaking up that raw action by putting it within a range of interesting contexts. As mentioned above, there are some “guard XXXX” missions. There are others where the goal is simply to escape, and still others might involve piloting a gunship through an enemy fleet. It's the most varied Dynasty Warriors to date, and the variety maintains a good tempo throughout.
From a technical standpoint, it's also the most competent Warriors to date. The character models are nicely detailed, the environments clean if unspectacular. Other games in the franchise have been criticised for having a limited draw distance — it's better here, though still not perfect. Most impressive though is the 3D support. As we saw in Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the Nintendo 3DS 3D helps these games, both visually (Tecmo Koei has mastered the art of the 3D cut scene), and in gameplay terms — when it's easier to judge distances, it's less likely you'll swing at thin air.
All up, Dynasty Warriors 7 is a masterpiece, and a true highlight for the series. It will be interesting to see where Tecmo Koei goes next with this, because every drop of juice has been wrung out of this formula now, to spectacular effect.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- CCMid Level .Net Developer - NV1 - CanberraACT
- CCNetwork Triage Operational SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerQLD
- CCPSRM Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL BI Developer - SSRS, Power BIOther
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness / Systems AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTProject Deployment EngineerQLD