Dead or Alive: Paradise
Paradise has taken a lot of flak from the gaming press for its exploitative sexual nature and lack of quality gameplay
- The girls look pretty good
- What little gameplay there is isn't very good, if you're not part of the very niche group that goes for this kind of thing you'll probably just find it creepy
More like an expansion pack or supplement to an actual game, Paradise's sole purpose is to satisfy (in more ways than one) that select group that just can't get enough of the franchise's buxom, barely-dressed female fighters.
The high-kicking ladies of Tecmo's busty, butt-whuppin' fighting game franchise make their PSP debut in Dead or Alive: Paradise, but their latest outing forgoes their usual fisticuffs in favor of frolicking on a tropical island. Much like Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball and its sequel, Paradise exists almost solely as an excuse for the lovely ladies to show off their physics-defying polygons and act like bimbos.
In fact, reviewing it as an actual game almost seems unfair, as it's more like -- and probably would have been better as -- an iPhone App to supplement the DoA games, than a full-priced PSP entry. Sure, there are "games", but they're hardly more than mini distractions acting primarily as platforms for pervy boob-ogling. A shallow volleyball game, "pool hopping", which sees the shapely she-fighters jumping -- and jiggling -- over floating platforms, and a few casino games are available. But none are especially engaging or worth your time.
You can also flirt with the girls by giving them gifts, or fulfill your Peeping Tom fantasies by photographing them from afar while they attempt to titillate by doing subtle things like, you know, bending over and sucking on popsicles. Aside from some occasionally creepy character renders and the expected over-the-top breast physics, the girls look pretty good and should satisfy the most sexually frustrated adolescent DoA fans.
Paradise has taken a lot of flak from the gaming press for its exploitative sexual nature and lack of quality gameplay. But come on, is anyone really surprised by this? Tecmo essentially marketed it as a masturbation tool. It certainly is not a good game, but it is what it is. Most should pass on this one, but if your swimsuit area is specifically turned on by the scantily-clad ladies of DoA, then Paradise's brand of portable soft-porn may just do it for you.
Join the newsletter!
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 2 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apex Legends hands on preview: Swinging at the king
- RAGE 2 hands-on preview: Back to the future
- Fortnite vulnerability could have enabled account hijacking
- Overwatch Contenders tees up inter-regional Showdown events
- Fnatic and OnePlus announce global esports partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will launch on Feb 20
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies