Dead or Alive: Paradise
Paradise has taken a lot of flak from the gaming press for its exploitative sexual nature and lack of quality gameplay
- The girls look pretty good
- What little gameplay there is isn't very good, if you're not part of the very niche group that goes for this kind of thing you'll probably just find it creepy
More like an expansion pack or supplement to an actual game, Paradise's sole purpose is to satisfy (in more ways than one) that select group that just can't get enough of the franchise's buxom, barely-dressed female fighters.
The high-kicking ladies of Tecmo's busty, butt-whuppin' fighting game franchise make their PSP debut in Dead or Alive: Paradise, but their latest outing forgoes their usual fisticuffs in favor of frolicking on a tropical island. Much like Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball and its sequel, Paradise exists almost solely as an excuse for the lovely ladies to show off their physics-defying polygons and act like bimbos.
In fact, reviewing it as an actual game almost seems unfair, as it's more like -- and probably would have been better as -- an iPhone App to supplement the DoA games, than a full-priced PSP entry. Sure, there are "games", but they're hardly more than mini distractions acting primarily as platforms for pervy boob-ogling. A shallow volleyball game, "pool hopping", which sees the shapely she-fighters jumping -- and jiggling -- over floating platforms, and a few casino games are available. But none are especially engaging or worth your time.
You can also flirt with the girls by giving them gifts, or fulfill your Peeping Tom fantasies by photographing them from afar while they attempt to titillate by doing subtle things like, you know, bending over and sucking on popsicles. Aside from some occasionally creepy character renders and the expected over-the-top breast physics, the girls look pretty good and should satisfy the most sexually frustrated adolescent DoA fans.
Paradise has taken a lot of flak from the gaming press for its exploitative sexual nature and lack of quality gameplay. But come on, is anyone really surprised by this? Tecmo essentially marketed it as a masturbation tool. It certainly is not a good game, but it is what it is. Most should pass on this one, but if your swimsuit area is specifically turned on by the scantily-clad ladies of DoA, then Paradise's brand of portable soft-porn may just do it for you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
- Hand of Fate 2 set for Nov. 7 launch, will support 4K HD on Xbox
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- CCProject Support AnalystVIC
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCEnterprise Architect / Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer, Wintel, VMWareOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Copywriter/ Content ProducerOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FT.Net - Sitecore DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD