TechSmith Snagit 9.1
This handy screen-capture tool just continues to get better.
- Enhancements make it worth the upgrade
- Nothing of note
The enhancements in Snagit 9.1 aren't major changes, but they're useful. If you already have an earlier version, it's worth upgrading to Snagit 9.1. And if you don't yet use this screen-capture program, now is a great time to start.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The handy Snagit screen-capture tool just continues to get better. The latest version, Snagit 9.1, enhances Snagit's already-excellent editing features.
Although only a few new features are added, they make Snagit easier and faster to use.
Like previous versions, Snagit 9.1 captures all or portions of what you see on your computer screen.
You can set it to capture designated regions, windows, a full screen, scrolling windows, and brief videos. Other than some minor cosmetic tweaks, version 9.1 doesn't make any changes to Snagit's screen capturing features. What it does enhance is Snagit's editing features.
These editing tools just got a major overhaul in version 9, which was released a few months ago. Snagit 9.1 makes only minor changes, but they're definitely time savers.
One of these is a new Live Preview feature that lets you see what Snagit 9.1's editing options will look like before you apply them. All you have to do is mouse over the option in the toolbar, and you'll automatically see how the feature will make your image look - no clicking required.
The new Mini Toolbar is not as flashy, but it's also handy. When you apply an editing feature to your image, such as adding text, a mini toolbar automatically pops up right next to where you're working. This allows you to have easy access to some of the features you're likely to need, such as changing font or font size when adding text to a screen capture.
Other updates in Snagit 9.1 include an organised stamp gallery, which makes your stamps easier to find. Any stamps you download from TechSmith are automatically sorted into categories. And a new auto-store export feature builds on the auto-store feature introduced in version 9, which saves every screen capture automatically. The export feature lets you take these unsaved screen captures to another computer, by exporting them to an optical or USB drive.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Engineering Design Acceptance LeadACT
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Telecommunications & ITSA
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- FTSAP Business AnalystOther
- CCCognos/Datastage DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther