Brought to you by Norton Symantec
TechSmith Snagit 9.1
This handy screen-capture tool just continues to get better.
- Enhancements make it worth the upgrade
- Nothing of note
The enhancements in Snagit 9.1 aren't major changes, but they're useful. If you already have an earlier version, it's worth upgrading to Snagit 9.1. And if you don't yet use this screen-capture program, now is a great time to start.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The handy Snagit screen-capture tool just continues to get better. The latest version, Snagit 9.1, enhances Snagit's already-excellent editing features.
Although only a few new features are added, they make Snagit easier and faster to use.
Like previous versions, Snagit 9.1 captures all or portions of what you see on your computer screen.
You can set it to capture designated regions, windows, a full screen, scrolling windows, and brief videos. Other than some minor cosmetic tweaks, version 9.1 doesn't make any changes to Snagit's screen capturing features. What it does enhance is Snagit's editing features.
These editing tools just got a major overhaul in version 9, which was released a few months ago. Snagit 9.1 makes only minor changes, but they're definitely time savers.
One of these is a new Live Preview feature that lets you see what Snagit 9.1's editing options will look like before you apply them. All you have to do is mouse over the option in the toolbar, and you'll automatically see how the feature will make your image look - no clicking required.
The new Mini Toolbar is not as flashy, but it's also handy. When you apply an editing feature to your image, such as adding text, a mini toolbar automatically pops up right next to where you're working. This allows you to have easy access to some of the features you're likely to need, such as changing font or font size when adding text to a screen capture.
Other updates in Snagit 9.1 include an organised stamp gallery, which makes your stamps easier to find. Any stamps you download from TechSmith are automatically sorted into categories. And a new auto-store export feature builds on the auto-store feature introduced in version 9, which saves every screen capture automatically. The export feature lets you take these unsaved screen captures to another computer, by exporting them to an optical or USB drive.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies