TechSmith Camtasia Studio 5.0
- With PowerPoint, you can correct mistakes or fine tune your recording
- Too many features that may confuse novices, price
In terms of features, Camtasia Studio 5.0 is the best choice for professionals, although the sheer wealth of options means it takes time to learn properly. The only down side is the fact that it is possible to buy (low-quality) recording software for a lot cheaper, while AllCapture 2.0 has many features for half the cost. Camtasia beats them all -- but at a steep price.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Camtasia Studio 5.0 is a specialist program for those who need to record applications on their PC for training or promotion purposes. These screencasts can be saved in a range of formats, including Flash, WMV, AVI and QuickTime.
There are several competitors, including AllCapture and (for basic requirements) Easy Screen Capture Video, but none are as comprehensive as Camtasia Studio 5.0.
Not only does it capture audio and video from your PC, specifying particular parts of the screen to be recorded and annotated as necessary, but Camtasia Studio 5.0 also includes extremely useful editing tools, enabling you to correct mistakes or fine tune your recording as necessary.
What is more, Camtasia Studio 5.0 integrates with PowerPoint 2000 (and later versions) so that you can record and cast your presentations.
New to Camtasia Studio version 5.0 is a streamlined recorder that runs alongside other applications and uses crosshairs to specify the area to be captured, with recording taking place once you click a single button. SmartFocus allows you to record an entire screen and zoom into important areas while maintaining a sharp image, and ExpressShow bundles the whole recording into a single Flash file.
Many of these improvements make particular actions much easier to achieve, but the sheer amount of options means that Camtasia Studio 5.0 is not really a program for novices. However, screen capture quality (up to 30 frames per second) is superb, and the ability to tweak just about every property of a screencast -- as well as add such things as quizzes and survey questions -- will really be appreciated by experts.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTData Analyst/Business Analyst/Project ManagerACT
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- FTService desk supportACT
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- FTCommunications Manager- Organisational Change ManagementOther
- CCRPA Developer / Consultant - Contract Initially - SydneyNSW