TEAC Australia SR-L200i Hi-Fi Table Radio
- Stylish design, Large Backlit LCD Display, Aux In, Headphone Jack, Remote Control
- Average sound quality, Distortion at higher volume levels, Can’t adjust bass or treble settings, Jog dials not quick enough, Headphone jack location, Limited remote functions
The SR-L200i conveniently awakes you to your iPod tunes, but the sound quality produced is average.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The TEAC Hi-Fi Table Radio is a sleek and stylish alarm clock, iPod player and AM/FM radio all in one. While the device does support all iPods thanks to the included dock inserts, it is let down by the sound quality.
The best feature of the SR-L200i is the fact that the alarm can be set to wake you to the tunes of your iPod. You simply preset the alarm source (either the iPod or the radio), select a volume level, set the alarm time and press the set timer button. It's a remarkably simple process and the unit supports all iPods, thanks to a multitude of plastic dock inserts included in the sales package. If you don't have an iPod, you are still able to connect any portable music player to the unit thanks to a front auxiliary input and included line-in cable, but unfortunately you can't use this in tandem with the alarm.
The Hi-Fi Table Radio's included remote control allows you to skip tracks on your iPod, but you can't change playlists or navigate to any other area of the menu. This means you'll have to use the iPod's click wheel if you wish to do so. The remote works well and sits in a convenient storage slot at the rear of the SR-L200L, but you can't set the alarm with it - you will have to use the controls on the unit itself.
On the whole, the Hi-Fi Table Radio produces average sound quality and the fact that you can't adjust bass or treble is a real disappointment. The SR-L200i's volume is extremely loud at its highest setting, but distortion is apparent at anywhere over halfway. Radio reception quality was quite good; we didn't have any problems acquiring a frequency in our offices and there are 10 preset AM and FM frequencies to store your favourite stations.
In terms of design, the Hi-Fi Table Radio is constructed of silver and white plastic with chrome highlights to add a little style. Measuring 340 x 249 x 125mm and weighing three kilograms, the SR-L200i is quite large and heavy. If you have a small bedside table and limited bedroom space, it may be too big to accommodate. The Hi-Fi Table Radio includes an array of buttons as well as two jog wheels; one for volume and the other for tuning/multi jog. These wheels aren't a bad idea and the grooved design makes them responsive and easy to use. Nevertheless, they don't operate the interface quickly enough for our liking. When setting the alarm, tuning radio frequencies or changing the date, you are left spinning the wheel for much longer than you should be.
The buttons on the SR-L200i are well mounted, but not very easy to press. We found that not every press registers on the unit and this was frustrating, especially when setting the timer or changing the sound source. In a nice design touch though, the current selected source button (iPod, Radio or Auxiliary) has a soft white backlight when activated. This backlight is also present on the large and easily readable LCD display.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CC2 x Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperWA
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- FTProject Administrator, IT ProgramOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTProject Manager - Office Re-locations APACOther
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW