TEAC Australia SR-L200i Hi-Fi Table Radio
- Stylish design, Large Backlit LCD Display, Aux In, Headphone Jack, Remote Control
- Average sound quality, Distortion at higher volume levels, Can’t adjust bass or treble settings, Jog dials not quick enough, Headphone jack location, Limited remote functions
The SR-L200i conveniently awakes you to your iPod tunes, but the sound quality produced is average.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The TEAC Hi-Fi Table Radio is a sleek and stylish alarm clock, iPod player and AM/FM radio all in one. While the device does support all iPods thanks to the included dock inserts, it is let down by the sound quality.
The best feature of the SR-L200i is the fact that the alarm can be set to wake you to the tunes of your iPod. You simply preset the alarm source (either the iPod or the radio), select a volume level, set the alarm time and press the set timer button. It's a remarkably simple process and the unit supports all iPods, thanks to a multitude of plastic dock inserts included in the sales package. If you don't have an iPod, you are still able to connect any portable music player to the unit thanks to a front auxiliary input and included line-in cable, but unfortunately you can't use this in tandem with the alarm.
The Hi-Fi Table Radio's included remote control allows you to skip tracks on your iPod, but you can't change playlists or navigate to any other area of the menu. This means you'll have to use the iPod's click wheel if you wish to do so. The remote works well and sits in a convenient storage slot at the rear of the SR-L200L, but you can't set the alarm with it - you will have to use the controls on the unit itself.
On the whole, the Hi-Fi Table Radio produces average sound quality and the fact that you can't adjust bass or treble is a real disappointment. The SR-L200i's volume is extremely loud at its highest setting, but distortion is apparent at anywhere over halfway. Radio reception quality was quite good; we didn't have any problems acquiring a frequency in our offices and there are 10 preset AM and FM frequencies to store your favourite stations.
In terms of design, the Hi-Fi Table Radio is constructed of silver and white plastic with chrome highlights to add a little style. Measuring 340 x 249 x 125mm and weighing three kilograms, the SR-L200i is quite large and heavy. If you have a small bedside table and limited bedroom space, it may be too big to accommodate. The Hi-Fi Table Radio includes an array of buttons as well as two jog wheels; one for volume and the other for tuning/multi jog. These wheels aren't a bad idea and the grooved design makes them responsive and easy to use. Nevertheless, they don't operate the interface quickly enough for our liking. When setting the alarm, tuning radio frequencies or changing the date, you are left spinning the wheel for much longer than you should be.
The buttons on the SR-L200i are well mounted, but not very easy to press. We found that not every press registers on the unit and this was frustrating, especially when setting the timer or changing the sound source. In a nice design touch though, the current selected source button (iPod, Radio or Auxiliary) has a soft white backlight when activated. This backlight is also present on the large and easily readable LCD display.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- TPInformatica SpecialistQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTFull stack DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- CCBusiness Strategy Analyst - Financial Services - Based in BrisbaneVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- CCData Migration LeadQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness Consultant/Analyst (Entry level)VIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCTraining Coordinator - Federal GovernmentACT