TDK Tremor xa60
- Quality sound, thin and light satellite speakers, headphone out jack, sub can be placed either vertically or horizontally, auto off function, looks good
- Power button inconveniently located at back of sub, bass levels could be higher
A recommended set of desktop computer speakers. It delivers quality sound for a competitive price.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The TDK Tremor xa60 system is a futuristic-looking set of desktop speakers that packs quite a punch in terms of sound quality--all for a fairly low price.
The Tremors have NXT technology built into the two satellite speakers. TDK claims a larger "sweet spot", which means that users don't have to be seated directly in front of the speakers to hear their full quality. After a full week's use, we can say that we were very impressed with the overall sound quality. Sound levels remained clear and crisp even when we were quite a distance from the unit.
The xa60 system includes two extremely thin and light satellite speakers and a subwoofer that can be placed either horizontally or vertically. The rear of the subwoofer houses colour coded inputs for all wires, which makes the Tremors very easy to set up. Also included on the subwoofer are a headphone jack and LED light on the front and a power switch on the rear. Our gripe with the power switch is its location, and we feel it would have been better on the front of the subwoofer for easier access. Additionally, for those who keep their subwoofer down below on the floor or at the bottom of a computer desk, it will be quite a hassle to reach behind the unit to switch it off all the time.
TDK has included a handy auto-off system, which may solve the above issue to some extent. After several hours of inactivity, the xa60 switches to standby mode.
The subwoofer provides a substantial amount of bass without overpowering the satellite speakers. We couldn't help but feel it probably lacked a little punch, but considering its size and power, it does a good job. The bass level is adjustable via a large dial at the front of the subwoofer, alongside a much smaller dial for treble control. Whether you are playing games or simply listening to music, it is worth spending some time adjusting the bass and treble levels to deliver the best quality sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager | High Profile 4 year Transformation ProjectQLD
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- CCService Delivery LeadQLD
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- CCService Integration and Delivery Manager- SIAMNSW