TDK Tremor Xa-10
- Compact design, magnetic strips for traveling, can run on batteries or USB power, price
- Below average sound quality
For the price, we really can't complain about the Xa-10. This compact, flat panel set of speakers that will do the job for those who aren't too fussed about sound quality.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
TDK is well known for its flat panel speakers, but in the Tremor Xa-10's TDK has taken another step. Powered by the USB port, or by AAA batteries, the Xa-10 is a set of compact speakers with a unique design.
The Xa-10 speakers connect to any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so they can be used with portable multimedia players and notebooks. Their compact size means they have been designed for travelling and the unique magnets on the edge of each speaker allow them to stick together, so the flat speaker panels are protected and space is saved during transport. Once again, TDK has made use of NXT flat panel technology, which aims to provide a quality listening experience in the flattest form factor. NXT is responsible for the development and commercialisation of the Distributed Mode Loudspeaker (DML) technology now commonly referred to as 'flat panel' loudspeakers, and TDK has been using this technology in its speakers for a number of years now.
Sound quality is ultimately what we expected from speakers at this price point. A lack of bass is the main issue, and sound can become distorted at full volume. There is also an apparent lack of clarity and crispness. Overall, we didn't expect much more considering the price. Volume is adequate, although naturally, don't expect the Xa-10 speakers to be able to fill a room with sound; they are only rated at 1.2 watts per speaker.
The XA-10 speakers are powered by an included battery box, measuring 83mm x 50mm x 18mm. The cover is removed by sliding it back with your thumb, and it houses four AAA batteries which should last approximately 4.5 hours according to TDK figures. We recommend rechargeable Alkaline batteries for the best value for money. Alternatively, the battery box can be discarded and the speakers can be plugged into any USB port,such as on a PC or notebook, to draw power. Unfortunately, no AC adapter is included in the sales package, but you can purchase this an as extra. There is a DC input on the battery box, next to a power switch and LED light. The Xa-10 speakers are also available in lime green, orange and grey colours.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTIntegration Manager - (Oracle Fusion Middle ware)ACT
- FTField EngineerOther
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTMarketing Communications ManagerOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- CCTechnical Infrastructure Operations SMENSW
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsOther