TDK Tremor Xa-10
- Compact design, magnetic strips for traveling, can run on batteries or USB power, price
- Below average sound quality
For the price, we really can't complain about the Xa-10. This compact, flat panel set of speakers that will do the job for those who aren't too fussed about sound quality.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
TDK is well known for its flat panel speakers, but in the Tremor Xa-10's TDK has taken another step. Powered by the USB port, or by AAA batteries, the Xa-10 is a set of compact speakers with a unique design.
The Xa-10 speakers connect to any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so they can be used with portable multimedia players and notebooks. Their compact size means they have been designed for travelling and the unique magnets on the edge of each speaker allow them to stick together, so the flat speaker panels are protected and space is saved during transport. Once again, TDK has made use of NXT flat panel technology, which aims to provide a quality listening experience in the flattest form factor. NXT is responsible for the development and commercialisation of the Distributed Mode Loudspeaker (DML) technology now commonly referred to as 'flat panel' loudspeakers, and TDK has been using this technology in its speakers for a number of years now.
Sound quality is ultimately what we expected from speakers at this price point. A lack of bass is the main issue, and sound can become distorted at full volume. There is also an apparent lack of clarity and crispness. Overall, we didn't expect much more considering the price. Volume is adequate, although naturally, don't expect the Xa-10 speakers to be able to fill a room with sound; they are only rated at 1.2 watts per speaker.
The XA-10 speakers are powered by an included battery box, measuring 83mm x 50mm x 18mm. The cover is removed by sliding it back with your thumb, and it houses four AAA batteries which should last approximately 4.5 hours according to TDK figures. We recommend rechargeable Alkaline batteries for the best value for money. Alternatively, the battery box can be discarded and the speakers can be plugged into any USB port,such as on a PC or notebook, to draw power. Unfortunately, no AC adapter is included in the sales package, but you can purchase this an as extra. There is a DC input on the battery box, next to a power switch and LED light. The Xa-10 speakers are also available in lime green, orange and grey colours.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTLead Consultant AIXOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Grants Management ProjectQLD
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPEnterprise Technology ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSupport OfficerQLD
- FTTester (Dynamics AX)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR LeadOther
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW