- Sturdy design, smooth sound
- Poor detail, mid-range muffled
TDK's ST-200 headphones won't blow your mind with their sound quality, but they offer an affordable upgrade from your stock ear buds and are nicely designed as well.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
TDK seem to be attacking the headphone market with force in the last six to 12 months, releasing a slew of new models. Offering an affordable option with decent but uninspiring sound quality, their ST-200 studio model is a somewhat attractive offering for users wanting an over-the-head alternative to their iPod ear buds at a relatively low cost.
Of course in the audio world you typically get what you pay for, and thus these headphones don't offer incredible quality audio. That said they'll do the job for most casual listeners.
The sound is extremely smooth, with all the different musical elements flowing together very nicely. This is great for simple music, but it leads to a fairly hefty loss of detail that means more complex tunes don't sound as impressive. It was hard to pick out the individual notes and guitar plucks in many of our test tracks.
Bass is the dominant element of the ST-200s, with a warm, rich tone and fairly slow decay. They do however drown out the mid range, which is quite recessed and dull at times. Meanwhile the treble notes are quite sweet, with impressive range, but they do verge on harsh at times. The sound stage is fairly two-dimensional, but that is to be expected from headphones with this price tag.
They are fairly comfortable to wear even over long stretches, although the design does put quite a lot of pressure on the sides of your head. It has an adjustable headband which can be altered to fit comfortably on your head.
As they are described as studio headphones it comes as no surprise that a cursory effort to close the design and block out external noise has been made; however, it does a relatively poor job. People talking in the background sounded slightly muffled but you'll still hear most things while wearing the ST-200.
Aesthetically they are fairly interesting. Our test model had a camouflage colour scheme which certainly is quite striking. Other colour combinations available include blue and white, and black and white. The build quality is fairly good; they definitely feel more sturdy than most other cut-price models we've seen recently.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystOther
- FT.Net Analyst Programmer | SupportOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- TPApplication Support AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Infrastructure Projects)Other
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- CCJanusgraph Consultant - Telco industryVIC
- FTTIBCO iProcess LeadOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- FTEngineer - Unix/LinuxOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC