TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system
The TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system lets you play music from CDs, memory sticks and iPods
- Attractive and functional design, good sound quality, lots of sound inputs
- No volume knob for controlling bass levels
The TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system offers impressive sound quality and will let you play music from almost any source you can think of, including iPods and memory cards.
Price$ 329.95 (AUD)
The TDK NX-08CD features ultra-thin flat panel speakers (which are wall-mountable), a subwoofer and a main unit with a remote control. The system is easy to set up; you need only plug a few cables before using it. It supports CDs, memory cards, USB drives, iPods and any MP3 player with a 3.5mm output. It also has an FM radio.
As well as regular CDs, you can play discs with MP3 files on them. There is a USB port and memory card reader at the bottom of the mini hi-fi that lets you play MP3 and WMA files. The iPod dock connector sits on the right-hand side, and other music devices can be plugged in through an auxiliary cable on the side of the unit. It's worth noting that the TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system only officially supports iPods, not iPhones. Although our iPhone worked fine (after a brief complaint on its screen), this sound system is not recommended if you want to primarily play back music files stored on your handset.
Considering how flat the speakers are, the TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system sounds pretty damn good. Audio was very crisp and clear even at maximum volume, and the subwoofer ensures that the bass levels are covered nicely. Unfortunately, the subwoofer didn't include a volume knob for changing the amount of bass; however, the bass levels sounded good enough during our tests that we could see why this was left out.
The controls on the system's front cover the usual options — play, pause, volume adjustment and track skip — as well as buttons for browsing folders on memory sticks and MP3 CDs.
The TDK NX-08CD mini hi-fi system has a headphone jack positioned on the side of the unit as well as a video out port for iPods. It retails for $329.95 but can be found for almost $100 less if you shop around.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTApplication Migration EngineerOther
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTeam LeaderVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSenior Tester - Asset Finance OR mortgage app testing essentialOther
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW