- Small, good highs
- Bass extremely dominant but sounds hollow, muted overall tone, mid range fairly dull
TDK's EB-300 in-ear headphones aren't anything special but considering the price tag that is to be expected. They are a decent, cost effective alternative to your stock MP3 player earbuds.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Sporting a basic in-ear headphone design, the TDK EB-300s are a dirt-cheap alternative to your default MP3 player headphones. While their sound quality is far from stellar, considering the cost it is perfectly acceptable. They should suit users looking for an upgrade at an affordable price.
The sound produced by these headphones is fairly uninspiring, but will be a step up for many people. It is noticeably bass heavy, with strongly blown out low-range notes that lingered far too long. However, at the same time, bass didn't extend too deeply, which gave quite a hollow sound all up. There was also noticeable distortion in dense passages of audio that detracted from the listening experience.
That said, there was reasonable detail in the mid range. A lot of our more complex tracks were well reproduced with background sounds not lost in the mix. The mid range was quite dull at times but it wasn't too strongly emphasised or particularly gritty.
Our favourite part of the EB-300's sound was the highs, which were relatively rich and quite sweet. Piano-based tunes impressed on these headphones, assuming they weren't too bass heavy.
We found the soundstage to be decent. It is difficult for small in-ear headphones like these to create much immersion, but this model did a pretty decent job. The overall sound comes across somewhat muted, which will be too much for more discerning listeners.
The EB-300s are some of the smallest headphones we've seen. They have absolutely tiny tips, meaning they are quite easy to insert and are relatively comfortable to wear. That said, users should try before they buy if possible, as canal-style headphones can be awkward and uncomfortable if you aren't used to them.
They create a reasonable seal with the ear despite being so small. While they have no active noise cancelling, they do a pretty good job of blocking out external sound. When we had music playing we couldn't hear anything, be it people talking to us or general office buzz. Sound leakage is also not a problem.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerOther
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTWireless Network Engineer - CCNA/CCNPOther
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BrisbaneACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst (Healthcare)Other
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCNew Relic Integration ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- TPSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCProject Delivery Lead - Oracle Banking Platform - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- TPCommunications & Change AnalystQLD