Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6
- Exceptional bass even without a subwoofer, brilliant separation, great treble and mid-range
Made for the true audio enthusiast, Tannoy's Revolution Signature DC6 speakers don't come cheaply, but they offer absolutely phenomenal sound quality that has to be heard to be believed.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
So assuming you've scrolled down this page and read everything from top to bottom, instead of just skipping down to the really good bits you will have seen that the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6 package contains a mere two stand-alone speakers and retails for nearly $3000. For many users the thought of paying such an extravagant sum for a relatively basic thing like an audio system may seem absurd, but these speakers aren't targeted at those users. Instead they are high performance machines designed for audiophiles who want the best and are willing to pay to get it.
The sound quality of the DC6 is nothing short of stunning; they are probably the best speakers we have had through the office at the time of writing. The price tag is similarly high, but you definitely get what you pay for.
What stood out most during our testing was the quality of the bass. Despite having no subwoofer connected, these speakers produced a soundscape rich in bass. It was powerful and extended deeply, without overshadowing any of the other elements of our tunes. It had fairly quick decay although the overall sound was still quite full.
The mid-range was similarly rich. It was less analytical than the Tannoy Revolution DC4 which we reviewed earlier, but it was still extremely detailed and reasonably close to neutral. Guitar strings had a somewhat gritty, metallic sound that really adds flavour to rock songs.
Meanwhile the high frequency range was incredible. The extension on treble notes was exceptional and while they became slightly shrill at times they were never harsh or fatiguing. The overall transition from bass to treble was liquid smooth with no noticeable humps or colouring of the sound.
Perhaps the best part of the DC6's audio was their phenomenal separation. Every tiny facet of the music, from snare drums to backing vocals and percussion instruments all sounded totally distinct from one another, yet flowed together smoothly. It is really amazing to listen to your favourite tracks on a system like this for the first time because you wind up discovering all these subtleties that are simply lost on most speakers and headphones.
Despite only using two speakers, this package produced an excellent soundstage. This was particularly evident in our classical music and epic heavy metal tests which were extremely immersive, seemingly hitting us from all angles at once.
As each speaker has two drivers they can be bi-wired if your receiver supports it, or single wired if not. There is also a fifth cable connection for a grounding lead which can also help improve sound quality if available on your amp.
Aesthetically the DC6 unit looks wonderful, with a subtle, dark wood-grain finish that will slip seamlessly into a modern home entertainment setup. The front is covered by a black speaker grill that is secured by magnets, meaning it is easy to remove and re-attach.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Announces New 2018 Television Lineup
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Management LeadOther
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Security EngineerOther
- CCLead Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Security SpecialistOther
- FTSales Training Coordinator / Systems TrainingNSW
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM)QLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSignalling Project ManagerWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther