- Integration with Facebook and Google Docs, explicit versioning feature
- Sending multiple sharing invitations is a pain
With its breadth of features, ease of use, and added bonuses such as version control, Syncplicity is our current top pick among file-syncing services.
As its name implies, Syncplicity is a file-synching service that requires very little maintenance, or even any interaction, once you've set the program to do what you want.
The installer prompts you to synchronise the usual suspects (Documents, Pictures, Desktop, and so forth), but you can specify any files you want. When you do, it copies them to Syncplicity's servers.
When you install Syncplicity on a second computer or add new folders to the server, it will offer to sync (download) the files already on the server to the second machine. If you agree, you can tell it where to put the folder.
If a folder by the same name already exists in your specified location, Syncplicity asks whether you wish to merge the two. If you don't, you can enter a different location. Sending sharing invitations to multiple colleagues can be time-consuming: for each recipient, you have to click 'Add Someone' and then type in their e-mail address; you can't enter multiple addresses.
Similar to Dropbox and SugarSync, Syncplicity lacks a remote-access feature; but given Windows' built-in networking and Remote Desktop tools, we don't see that as a serious omission.
Along with Dropbox, Syncplicity is the only product among the sync apps we've tested with an explicit versioning feature that preserves different editions of your files as they are synched, added, and removed. You can access an older version of a file by right-clicking the file and examining a list of the versions Syncplicity has tracked since the original upload. The list includes buttons for downloading a version to your local computer or reverting to that version.
Syncplicity bills itself as a backup service, but its interface doesn't include any special backup commands: the online copy of your synced folders is your backup. Syncplicity's claim is perfectly fair, since it stores on its servers not only copies of past versions but also copies of deleted items. Syncplicity's free service will delete older document versions after 30 days, however.
In addition, Syncplicity offers integration with Facebook and Google Docs, and has announced partnerships with Picnik, Scribd, and Zoho, so you can sync your photos with Facebook and your documents with Google Docs. Look under My Account on the Syncplicity site to set the features up.
Syncplicity's free account caps out at 10,000 files, 2GB of storage, and two PCs, with limits on numbers of file versions and how long they'll be kept. A basic paid ($US10-per-month) account removes all limits except storage capacity, which tops out at 40GB with an option to purchase additional 50GB blocks at a cost of another $US10 a month each.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTQuality Assurance ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- CCWholesale Trading Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW