Swiftpoint Mouse review: an unusual portable mouse!
- Slick design combines charger with transmitter, supereasy scrolling
- Pen-style grip may feel awkward in some hands
The Swiftpoint Mouse boasts an innovative design and one of the most versatile scrolling mechanisms we've seen, but the required finger position--similar to the grip of a pen--may be uncomfortable for long-term use.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Swiftpoint Mouse is a head-turner simply by virtue of its unusual design. It looks like no other portable mouse, and it operates differently, too. Whether this supersmall, distinctive mouse will work for you depends upon how large your hand is--and whether the position it forces you into feels comfortable to you.
The Swiftpoint measures about 2 inches long and about 1.5 inches at its widest point, toward the back. Intended for righties, it has a large, grippy groove meant to cushion your thumb, the left and right mouse buttons lined up in the middle section (with the right-click button raised more prominently than the left), and a more awkward cutout on the right to accommodate your index finger and--more critically--the scrollwheel.
I found the design usable for my small hands, but larger-handed colleagues felt contorted when they tried to manipulate it. You're supposed to hold the mouse as if it were a pen, which might explain even my occasional discomfort when using it for long periods. However, I did like how naturally my thumb fell into the designated spot; the wide, responsive scrollwheel was a pleasure to use, too, either when I used my index finger or when I turned the mouse on its side and moved the scrollwheel on a hard surface.
The device's tiny USB receiver magnetically attaches to the bottom for storage and charging. This was a nice touch, though in a briefcase or bag the two pieces could easily become separated; additionally, the combination is large enough that you might have issues charging the mouse on your laptop's USB ports (depending on how tight the PC's port configuration is). It lacks programmability, though, which could be a deal-breaker for some people.
The scrollwheel feature really makes this gadget stand out among the pack. If you don't mind holding a pen, the unique style of this mouse may work well for you. But if you find a tight, compact grip awkward, you may want to look elsewhere.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- FTMS Dynamics SpecialistACT
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- CCApplication Migration EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTIT TechnicianOther