Swann Communications DVR4 Business Surveillance Kit
- USB and composite connections, motion detection, long cables, full featured
- No remote monitoring, only two cameras included in package
A great all around security combination, the Swann DVR4 Business Surveillance Kit offers two cameras, the option to record to your PC or the included hard drive and a variety of features such as motion detection and an alarm making it ideal for home or small business use.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
For any kind of property owner, be it your own home or your place of business, theft is always a concern. A few years ago you'd need a hefty amount of money to install a complex CCTV monitoring system if you wanted some extra security, but these days thanks to companies like Swann, you can have extremely effective protection for a perfectly affordable cost.
The DVR4 Business package fits this mould perfectly. It comes complete with two cameras and a hard disk to record on, as well as a bucket load of features and options to tailor the system to your needs. It is ideal for small businesses or home owners just looking for a little extra peace of mind.
As stated, this system contains two cameras in the box, which will be adequate for monitoring a few key areas. However, it has the capacity to support a total of four, so more can be added if you so desire. Setup is a little tricky, with a multitude of cords and adapters required to get everything running, but once everything is plugged in to the main control box you're good to go.
From here you have a number of options. Either you can hook the system up via the component cable to a TV or equivalent monitoring device, or you can plug it in via USB and run it through a PC. This flexibility is great as it means the DVR4 will fit a variety of different existing setups. We would have liked to see remote monitoring via the PC connection, but the package is still extremely useful without.
When running via composite, the unit records directly to the included 160GB hard disk, while via USB you can write files to your PC's drive. PC connection also offers a few more options, letting you do things such as saving an individual frame and such. Video footage is typically displayed at 720x576 and recorded at 640x272 meaning it is clear enough to make out details such as facial features. At the normal quality setting you'll get approximately 332 hours of recording on the included drive, although turning it up to high quality will decrease this somewhat.
You can manipulate the footage a little depending on what you want to watch. All four cameras can be viewed at once in a square formation and you can open any one in full screen individually if you choose. You can even set it to scroll through each camera on a certain delay. All of this is controlled through the included remote although there are also controls on the face of the main unit.
In addition to this you can get a little more in-depth, setting only certain cameras to record. There is also motion detection which will only activate recording when it senses movement. This helps save hard disk space and is great for monitoring properties at night. You can set the motion sensitivity and the length of time recorded after being triggered. There is even an alarm that can alert you when movement is detected.
The cameras themselves are small and come with massive spools of cable which should be adequate for most properties. They can be bolted to the wall and angled any way you choose.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - Technical WriterOther
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTFront end developer/designerNSW
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCIEOther
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Business Objects DeveloperACT
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD