Swann Communications DVR4 Business Surveillance Kit
- USB and composite connections, motion detection, long cables, full featured
- No remote monitoring, only two cameras included in package
A great all around security combination, the Swann DVR4 Business Surveillance Kit offers two cameras, the option to record to your PC or the included hard drive and a variety of features such as motion detection and an alarm making it ideal for home or small business use.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
For any kind of property owner, be it your own home or your place of business, theft is always a concern. A few years ago you'd need a hefty amount of money to install a complex CCTV monitoring system if you wanted some extra security, but these days thanks to companies like Swann, you can have extremely effective protection for a perfectly affordable cost.
The DVR4 Business package fits this mould perfectly. It comes complete with two cameras and a hard disk to record on, as well as a bucket load of features and options to tailor the system to your needs. It is ideal for small businesses or home owners just looking for a little extra peace of mind.
As stated, this system contains two cameras in the box, which will be adequate for monitoring a few key areas. However, it has the capacity to support a total of four, so more can be added if you so desire. Setup is a little tricky, with a multitude of cords and adapters required to get everything running, but once everything is plugged in to the main control box you're good to go.
From here you have a number of options. Either you can hook the system up via the component cable to a TV or equivalent monitoring device, or you can plug it in via USB and run it through a PC. This flexibility is great as it means the DVR4 will fit a variety of different existing setups. We would have liked to see remote monitoring via the PC connection, but the package is still extremely useful without.
When running via composite, the unit records directly to the included 160GB hard disk, while via USB you can write files to your PC's drive. PC connection also offers a few more options, letting you do things such as saving an individual frame and such. Video footage is typically displayed at 720x576 and recorded at 640x272 meaning it is clear enough to make out details such as facial features. At the normal quality setting you'll get approximately 332 hours of recording on the included drive, although turning it up to high quality will decrease this somewhat.
You can manipulate the footage a little depending on what you want to watch. All four cameras can be viewed at once in a square formation and you can open any one in full screen individually if you choose. You can even set it to scroll through each camera on a certain delay. All of this is controlled through the included remote although there are also controls on the face of the main unit.
In addition to this you can get a little more in-depth, setting only certain cameras to record. There is also motion detection which will only activate recording when it senses movement. This helps save hard disk space and is great for monitoring properties at night. You can set the motion sensitivity and the length of time recorded after being triggered. There is even an alarm that can alert you when movement is detected.
The cameras themselves are small and come with massive spools of cable which should be adequate for most properties. They can be bolted to the wall and angled any way you choose.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
- CES 2018: Ring founder Jamie Siminoff sheds light on his vision for a more-connected, more-secure future
- CES 2018: Ring Bolster Security Offering With Cameras, Lights, Alarms and Subscription Service
- Keep Watch Day and Night with Uniden’s Two-In-One Camera and Spotlight
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCProcurement Specialist - PathologyNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTEL1 Assistant DirectorACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSAP Test LeadOther
- FTSupport Services Manager - SaaSOther
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- TPJava DeveloperACT
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC