Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400)
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) review: Contemporary stylish design and good performance
- Unobtrusive design, fair price, works well
- Plastic feels a little cheap
The Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) performed well in our tests and we were impressed by its very fair price tag.
Price$ 139.00 (AUD)
The Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) costs $149, which is a lot more reasonable than the $599 asking price of the Dyson AM02 Tower fan.
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan: Features and design
Standing 115cm tall and approximately 12.5cm in diameter, the Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) won't take up much room wherever you put it.
The semi-glossy black plastic body feels slightly cheap and flimsy, but the design makes the fan very light and easy to transport. On top of the fan is a handy remote control storage compartment surrounded by control buttons. An illuminated display screen on the front shows the fan's current settings the ambient temperature of the room. Notable functions include: oscillation (rotation), three fan speed settings, an ioniser setting, and nature and sleep wind modes which when switched on alternate air flow settings at various intervals.
An internal turbine column sucks in air from behind the unit and blasts it out through the front, delivering an even and powerful breeze. The Summit Tower is far quieter than the Dyson AM02 Tower fan, but feels almost equally as powerful.
An ioniser mode can be switched to remove microscopic particles from the air — useful for those who suffer from allergies, asthma and other respiratory issues.
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan: Performance
The Sunbeam Summit Tower fan works like a charm: it is easy to use and has an impressive air flow reach of about 8.6 meters. When oscillation is switched on the fan can easily disperse cool air throughout a large room, such as a lounge room.
The programmable sleep timer allows you to set a time for the fan to switch off, which is a great way to save power. The addition of an ioniser also makes the Summit Tower a good choice for allergy sufferers. Overall we are very pleased with the Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan, and it's priced fairly as well.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTProgram ManagerACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - Role based in PerthVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (Cisco)NSW
- FTData Analyst/Data EngineerSA
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- CCEDRMS SpecialistACT
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Frontend Developer - ReactNSW
- FTSystems Performance ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst/ManagerQLD
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC