A stylish Bluetooth speakerphone that offers decent value for money.
- Design, ease of use, available in multiple colours, reasonable value for money
- Sound quality could be improved, no advanced features
Sound quality isn't the best and there aren't too many advanced features, but for the price the Sudio Vogue is reasonable value.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
Bluetooth hands-free speakerphones are often drab, but Sudio is attempting to change this with the introduction of the Vogue: a compact speakerphone available in four different colours. While we appreciate the design, this speakerphone's quality could be improved.
The Vogue is one of the smallest speakerphones we've reviewed and the colours are a nice change from the often bland black or grey models we're used to seeing. You can choose black, white, pink and blue models, though we're not sure that these will match many current cars' decor.
The best aspect of the Vogue is its simplicity. While all speakerphones are usually simple to operate, the Vogue takes it to the next level. Once paired, you simply clip it to your visor and it works. Though it does lack some advanced features, such as the ability to stream sound through your car radio, it offers quite good value for money.
Pairing is as easy as pressing the multifunction button for seven seconds. Pairing mode is denoted by a long beep and a flashing blue and red LED. Simply search for the Sudio Vogue in your phone's Bluetooth menu, enter the default passcode and you are connected. We tested the Vogue with the iPhone 3G and found it worked without too many issues.
The Vogue has just four buttons: volume up and down, mute, and a multifunction button that doubles as a power key. Answering or ending a call is as simple as pushing the multifunction button, while tapping it activates voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone). You can also transfer a call from the Vogue to your phone (and vice versa) and redial the last number you called.
According to Sudio the Vogue uses a digital signal processor to reduce ambient noise and echoes, but this speakerphone's performance is lacklustre at best. With your car window down, outgoing audio suffers immensely, with plenty of distortion reported by call recipients. Incoming audio fares a little better, though the volume could use a bit of a boost even at its highest level.
The Vogue provides a battery life of up to 10 hours' talk time and up to 480 hours' standby time. Conveniently, it includes an auto power-off function that activates after one hour of not being used. The battery is removable, so it can be replaced if necessary.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTIT Support Level 1 and 2NSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCChange LeadQLD
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC