- Sleek and stylish, ease of use, battery life, auto-off feature, decent quality
- Not as crisp or clear as some other models on the market
The Silhouette is a stylish yet effective handsfree speakerphone.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Sporting a trendy gloss black and chrome finish, Sudio's compact Silhouette is a fairly standard but effective handsfree speakerphone. With decent clarity and good volume levels, it's an ideal option if you are looking for some wireless freedom in your car.
The Silhouette has been designed mainly for in-car use, but it can also be used at home or in the office. The detachable sun visor clip conveniently doubles as a small desk stand. The unit itself is sleek and slim (though quite long) and the gloss black finish and chrome highlight adds a nice touch.
Pairing is a simple process; simply turn the Silhouette on by holding down the large power button on the front, then hold down the volume button for four seconds to enter pairing mode. Once connected, operation is simple as the unit only has three buttons. Tapping the large answer/end call button answers and ends incoming and outgoing calls, while two volume buttons on either side handle in-call volume. The Silhouette can pair with up to five phones.
Bluetooth connectivity is solid; the range is a fairly standard 10 metres. Once connected, we found volume to be excellent, both for incoming and outgoing communication. The microphone was able to clearly pick up speech, and the speaker produced good, if not outstanding audio. We did find that voice isn't as crisp or clear as we would have liked though, despite the presence of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology. For best results, you'll have to close your car windows in order to create the quietest environment possible. Those with convertibles are best advised to look elsewhere, as the Silhouette isn't very kind to wind noise.
The Silhouette supports voice dialling (provided this is a feature of your phone) and last number redialling. You can also mute the microphone and transfer a call from the speaker phone to your handset or vice versa.
A small, LED display sits at the top of the unit and features four different icons to inform you of low battery, calls, Bluetooth connection and power. The Silhouette comes with both a USB charging cable and an in-car cigarette lighter charger, but no AC charger. Conveniently, an auto-off function means the unit powers off after an hour when not connected to a phone in order to preserve the battery life – rated at up to 12 hours talk time and 500 hours standby time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTSystems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCUser Research - QualitativeACT
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTPhone System TechnicianQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA