- Sleek and stylish, ease of use, battery life, auto-off feature, decent quality
- Not as crisp or clear as some other models on the market
The Silhouette is a stylish yet effective handsfree speakerphone.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Sporting a trendy gloss black and chrome finish, Sudio's compact Silhouette is a fairly standard but effective handsfree speakerphone. With decent clarity and good volume levels, it's an ideal option if you are looking for some wireless freedom in your car.
The Silhouette has been designed mainly for in-car use, but it can also be used at home or in the office. The detachable sun visor clip conveniently doubles as a small desk stand. The unit itself is sleek and slim (though quite long) and the gloss black finish and chrome highlight adds a nice touch.
Pairing is a simple process; simply turn the Silhouette on by holding down the large power button on the front, then hold down the volume button for four seconds to enter pairing mode. Once connected, operation is simple as the unit only has three buttons. Tapping the large answer/end call button answers and ends incoming and outgoing calls, while two volume buttons on either side handle in-call volume. The Silhouette can pair with up to five phones.
Bluetooth connectivity is solid; the range is a fairly standard 10 metres. Once connected, we found volume to be excellent, both for incoming and outgoing communication. The microphone was able to clearly pick up speech, and the speaker produced good, if not outstanding audio. We did find that voice isn't as crisp or clear as we would have liked though, despite the presence of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology. For best results, you'll have to close your car windows in order to create the quietest environment possible. Those with convertibles are best advised to look elsewhere, as the Silhouette isn't very kind to wind noise.
The Silhouette supports voice dialling (provided this is a feature of your phone) and last number redialling. You can also mute the microphone and transfer a call from the speaker phone to your handset or vice versa.
A small, LED display sits at the top of the unit and features four different icons to inform you of low battery, calls, Bluetooth connection and power. The Silhouette comes with both a USB charging cable and an in-car cigarette lighter charger, but no AC charger. Conveniently, an auto-off function means the unit powers off after an hour when not connected to a phone in order to preserve the battery life – rated at up to 12 hours talk time and 500 hours standby time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior SQL Server Infrastructure Engineer/DBAOther
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- CCSecurity DesignerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCPortfolio / Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTDigital Developer - Back endVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTTechnical AnalystSA
- FTUser Experience (UX) DeveloperOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Desktop Technical EngineerOther