Strong Technologies SRT5390
- Ease of operation
- Lack of USB port
This SRT5390 provides excellent digital TV reception and adequate recording, timeshifting and playback functions. It lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to a PC.
Price$ 479.00 (AUD)
With a 120GB hard drive in its belly, the Strong SRT5390 can record and store close to 60 hours of very good quality MPEG-2 video.
Getting started with this unit is a matter of connecting your antenna cable to the set-top box, and then connecting the antenna output to your TV. Then you simply turn the unit on and tune your TV so that it finds the signal coming from the set-top box.
It didn't take long at all for our TV to find the Strong unit, and in our tests it performed splendidly. It tuned into all of the available digital free-to-air channels in a very short amount of time and displayed them flawlessly. Indeed, we were watching TV within 15 minutes of opening the box (even though there was nothing on worth watching at 1pm). It also detected the HD channels that were available, even though it isn't able to view these channels. We were able to edit these out of our favourite channels list very easily.
Its on-screen menu system is logical and well laid-out, but it does take some time to get used to some of its functions, especially when playing back programs.
You can also use the Strong unit to timeshift live TV programs, as long as you start recording them beforehand. That means if you want to sit back and enjoy the footy without interruptions, you should hit the record button just prior to kick-off. That way, if someone knocks on you door or calls during the middle of the game to recommend you change phone carriers, you can just hit the pause button and ensure that you don't miss a second of the action.
Recorded programs can also be split and even marked with skip points (up to 10), so you can cut out parts of a recording you don't want to watch. This unit also allows you to record a program and play one back at the same time.
This unit is lacks a USB port for transferring recorded programs to your PC for archiving. It has a range of other output ports--SCART, composite, RF and S-Video output as well as coaxial digital and optical digital audio output.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- CCProgram DirectorQLD
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTOperations Improvement ManagerOther
- CCPHP DeveloperWA
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTField ConsultantOther
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- CCVMware EngineerNSW