Steganos Safe 8.0
- Easy to use, effective
- Nothing of note
Simple to use and inexpensive, Steganos Safe 8.0 does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well to boot. This is the sort of protection you can't afford to be without if you have data you need to keep private.
Price$ 46.00 (AUD)
Keeping your data safe from prying eyes is a necessity these days, whether it's to stop hackers or others closer to home who have direct access to your PC or notebook. Steganos Safe 8.0 is the latest in a long line of data-protection utilities aimed at giving your sensitive files protection that cannot be easily cracked.
Steganos has brought out some decent packages in the past, and Safe 8.0 lives up to the high standards of its predecessors, but remains simple enough for a novice to use.
Safe allows you to protect your data in several ways. It will enable you to create a secure area on your hard drive or on removable media such as a USB key. It will also allow you to shred old files. There are additional features that only a handful of users will feel the benefits of, such as the ability to open the data "safes" on your PC with a Bluetooth-enabled smart phone. But the real selling point is the fact that it uses 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) security. This is an improvement on the 128-bit encryption used by previous versions.
Creating "safes" on your hard drive is a simple process - a matter of a few clicks - and encrypted data can be burnt to CD or DVD. Shredding old files to the point that they are unrecoverable is just as easy. The interface employed by Safe is uncluttered, and performing the various functions such as accessing and locking the secure areas can be done using an icon in the system tray.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Systems Integrator (Mobile/Security)QLD
- FTSoftware and IT sales - $100K+ OTEQLD
- CCProject Manager Windows 10 DeploymentWA
- FTSAP Support Analyst / Helpdesk / Service DeskOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager - IntegrationQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager / Senior Project Coordinator with BA expOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Consultant/Customer Service SpecialistOther
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- CCDevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTIntermediate BI DeveloperOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTPMO AnalystOther
- FTScheduling Specialist - UtilitiesOther
- CCProject Coordinator - PMO / Telco Exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTDocument Project Coordinator, TelcoNSW
- CCCustomer Experience (CX) Designer - TelcoVIC
- TPTest Lead - BI VSTSNSW
- FTProgram Manager (Critical Communications)Other
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW