Steganos Safe 8.0
- Easy to use, effective
- Nothing of note
Simple to use and inexpensive, Steganos Safe 8.0 does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well to boot. This is the sort of protection you can't afford to be without if you have data you need to keep private.
Price$ 46.00 (AUD)
Keeping your data safe from prying eyes is a necessity these days, whether it's to stop hackers or others closer to home who have direct access to your PC or notebook. Steganos Safe 8.0 is the latest in a long line of data-protection utilities aimed at giving your sensitive files protection that cannot be easily cracked.
Steganos has brought out some decent packages in the past, and Safe 8.0 lives up to the high standards of its predecessors, but remains simple enough for a novice to use.
Safe allows you to protect your data in several ways. It will enable you to create a secure area on your hard drive or on removable media such as a USB key. It will also allow you to shred old files. There are additional features that only a handful of users will feel the benefits of, such as the ability to open the data "safes" on your PC with a Bluetooth-enabled smart phone. But the real selling point is the fact that it uses 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) security. This is an improvement on the 128-bit encryption used by previous versions.
Creating "safes" on your hard drive is a simple process - a matter of a few clicks - and encrypted data can be burnt to CD or DVD. Shredding old files to the point that they are unrecoverable is just as easy. The interface employed by Safe is uncluttered, and performing the various functions such as accessing and locking the secure areas can be done using an icon in the system tray.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation Scripter - Data CentresWA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTPortfolio Performance LeadOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- FTAssociate Consultant - Help DeskNSW
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- CCCall or Contact Centre OperatorNSW
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW