Steganos Safe 8.0
- Easy to use, effective
- Nothing of note
Simple to use and inexpensive, Steganos Safe 8.0 does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well to boot. This is the sort of protection you can't afford to be without if you have data you need to keep private.
Price$ 46.00 (AUD)
Keeping your data safe from prying eyes is a necessity these days, whether it's to stop hackers or others closer to home who have direct access to your PC or notebook. Steganos Safe 8.0 is the latest in a long line of data-protection utilities aimed at giving your sensitive files protection that cannot be easily cracked.
Steganos has brought out some decent packages in the past, and Safe 8.0 lives up to the high standards of its predecessors, but remains simple enough for a novice to use.
Safe allows you to protect your data in several ways. It will enable you to create a secure area on your hard drive or on removable media such as a USB key. It will also allow you to shred old files. There are additional features that only a handful of users will feel the benefits of, such as the ability to open the data "safes" on your PC with a Bluetooth-enabled smart phone. But the real selling point is the fact that it uses 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) security. This is an improvement on the 128-bit encryption used by previous versions.
Creating "safes" on your hard drive is a simple process - a matter of a few clicks - and encrypted data can be burnt to CD or DVD. Shredding old files to the point that they are unrecoverable is just as easy. The interface employed by Safe is uncluttered, and performing the various functions such as accessing and locking the secure areas can be done using an icon in the system tray.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTHelpDesk Support TechnicianOther
- CCProcurement Specialist - PathologyNSW
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Global MarketsOther
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Identity Access ManagementQLD
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- FTCheckpoint Engineers wantedVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Product MigrationOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTERP Systems & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTMonitoring Specialist - NagiosOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- CCSoftware Solution DesignerNSW
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW