Stardock WindowBlinds 5
- Works beautifully, Excellent themes included as standard, Low Cost
- Menus are a little confusing, not enough themes to download.
WindowBlinds 5 is great for people obsessed with tweaking and modding their windows environment. It works well and looks great.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Ever since there has been a Windows program, people have wanted to change the way it looks. Let's face it, Windows XP isn't exactly the coolest or the prettiest operating system around. There are many desktop customisation programs out there and WindowBlinds doesn't exactly stand out from the crowd as such, but it does what it says it will do and does it with style.
WindowBlinds 5 allows a user to apply a theme to their entire desktop environment. Toolbars, wallpaper, icons and theme-effected applications can be customized down the last pixel. The program is a small 9.7MB download and costs only US$19.99 to purchase. However, there is a lite version of the program available from the Stardock website free of charge. The program installs quickly and requires a reboot to become active. Once up and running, you can choose from the 12 excellent themes that come standard or download one of 25 user created themes from WinCustomize.com, a sister site of Stardock.
For the most part, these themes look fairly good but the quality of the theme is definitely dependent on the artist that made it. We particularly liked the Xbox 360 theme although did find it need a little getting used to.
The program is very easy to use although the menu system was a little counter-intuitive and confusing. This confusion was lifted fairly quickly but we still felt it could have been designed a little better.
If you are one of those people that need to customise everything they own, then you are going to love windows blinds. Not only can you customise your desktop with other users designs but you can also download Stardock SkinStudio to make your very own.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- TPSystems Administrator (AWS)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FTData Migration Lead- ECS.106, ETL & SAPOther
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - URGENTOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness Information SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTTechnical AnalystSA