Stardock WindowBlinds 5
- Works beautifully, Excellent themes included as standard, Low Cost
- Menus are a little confusing, not enough themes to download.
WindowBlinds 5 is great for people obsessed with tweaking and modding their windows environment. It works well and looks great.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Ever since there has been a Windows program, people have wanted to change the way it looks. Let's face it, Windows XP isn't exactly the coolest or the prettiest operating system around. There are many desktop customisation programs out there and WindowBlinds doesn't exactly stand out from the crowd as such, but it does what it says it will do and does it with style.
WindowBlinds 5 allows a user to apply a theme to their entire desktop environment. Toolbars, wallpaper, icons and theme-effected applications can be customized down the last pixel. The program is a small 9.7MB download and costs only US$19.99 to purchase. However, there is a lite version of the program available from the Stardock website free of charge. The program installs quickly and requires a reboot to become active. Once up and running, you can choose from the 12 excellent themes that come standard or download one of 25 user created themes from WinCustomize.com, a sister site of Stardock.
For the most part, these themes look fairly good but the quality of the theme is definitely dependent on the artist that made it. We particularly liked the Xbox 360 theme although did find it need a little getting used to.
The program is very easy to use although the menu system was a little counter-intuitive and confusing. This confusion was lifted fairly quickly but we still felt it could have been designed a little better.
If you are one of those people that need to customise everything they own, then you are going to love windows blinds. Not only can you customise your desktop with other users designs but you can also download Stardock SkinStudio to make your very own.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUNIX/Linux System AdministratorACT
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- CCSAP WCEM/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSCCM SpecialistOther
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCEnterprise Architect / Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Server EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther