Square Enix Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Finally, Rocket, the blue blob mascot of the Dragon Warrior franchise gets his own adventure on the Nintendo DS.
- Simple, fun
- Simple, short
The simplicity and relatively short play time of the game may turn off some gamers, but others, especially those who don't have a lot of time on their hands, might find this one a keeper.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The premise? Rocket's hometown, Boingburg, is invaded by the evil Plobs who have captured all the slimes.Your mission? To rescue each and every one of them, and, consequently, take down the Plobs in order to ensure peace for all.
One of the main attractions of Rocket Slime lies in its simplistic gameplay. The control scheme is very elementary and straightforward, consisting only of the D-pad and the B button. The touchscreen interface is scarcely used, if at all, in this game; however, for this kind of adventure genre, using a stylus is largely unnecessary.
There is virtually no learning curve in Rocketslime because of the simple control system and the fact that there's really only one attack move — the Elasto Blast. Rocket stretches himself out and slingshots like a rubber band towards baddies, across obstacles, or into treasure chests to spill forth their contents (which often times happen to be your fellow slimes).
In addition, Rocket can float momentarily in the air and can also bounce to travel from one place to another or roll across the landscape at incredible speeds. He can also carry up to three items or monsters on his back, which can then be thrown at other monsters. Furthermore, instead of giving him a backpack, Rocket must either go back to town with the items and/or monsters on him or throw the items and/or monsters onto the trains that run from all levels back to town in order to keep them in Rocket's inventory.
Tank You Very Much
What makes Rocket Slime different from other games is the tank battles. In order to save some of the slimes, Rocket must challenge baddies to a tank battle which consists of Rocket loading ammo into cannons and firing them away at an enemy tank. The ammo can be anything that was found during his journey, ranging from broken statues and treasure chests to swords and bombs.
There is also the element of alchemy which allows players to combine items to make new, perhaps even better ones. Tank battles can get quite challenging, and although it may sound dry in theory, the cartoony attitude of the game as a whole, as well as the various obstacles that may arise during the tank battles make them more addicting than cumbersome.
A few simple puzzles do exist in the form of duplicating a combination of items and/or monsters carried on you while standing on a certain spot; however, the game never gets so difficult where one might give up from frustration. The pun-filled, borderline cheesy dialogue, the characters, the gameplay and the different levels give the game a personality.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC