spectorsoft Spector Pro 5.0
- Snapshot Recording, Records all Keystrokes
- Doesn't broadcast what it is doing, Doesn't appear in process listing
Good reporting and recording functionality ensures that Spector Pro 5.0 has some appeal.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
This is some spooky software. Although it politely bills itself as an Internet-monitoring product, under other circumstances you'd probably call Spector Pro 5.0 spyware. Get ready to swallow those scruples.
Spector comprises a suite of seven tools that record virtually everything happening on a PC, whether Web surfing, instant messaging, programs being launched, email or keystokes. It can now also perform Snapshot Recording, which takes greyscale screenshots of the screen at set intervals that can be played back as a sort of a time-lapse CCTV image of what was on screen at that particular moment.
Spector records all keystrokes, but you can tell it to watch out for keywords and alert you when they're typed. And if that sounds dodgy to you, be reassured by the condition of installation that insists that the user of the PC being monitored is notified of that fact.
The results of the program's eavesdropping can be observed by another PC on the network, although making this feature work takes a bit of effort. You have to share the Spector Pro data folder on the PC being monitored - each time it uses a different (subtle) folder name. For reasons of reliability this data has to be stored locally. Having installed the viewer on the monitoring PC, you then have to browse to that network and save that location as a 'favourite'. For obvious reasons, Spector Pro doesn't broadcast what it is doing, so the user can't even tell that the software has been installed - it doesn't appear in the process listing, host Registry or as visible files.
If covert surveillance is your game, Spector Pro 5.0 will suit you down to the ground, combining a powerful, comprehensive suite of monitoring tools with good reporting functionality. What's more, it enables you to control access to the Internet with some finesse.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity Engineer/AnalystACT
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- FTOffice 365 and Cloud Business AnalystOther
- TPIT Change Manager Windows UpgradeVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Pega TesterOther
- FTCognos AdministratorOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTGovernance Manager (Systems Assurance)Other
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT