Sony Ericsson txt pro mobile phone (preview)
Sony Ericsson txt pro: Sony Ericsson brings a full QWERTY keyboard to the entry-level pre-paid market
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Friends app
- No 3G
- No third-party apps
Sony Ericsson's txt pro aims to bring a QWERTY keyboard to the pre-paid end of the market, but it runs a proprietary operating system rather than Google's Android platform
Sony Ericsson has recently focussed on delivering XPERIA branded handsets that run Google's Android operating system, but the txt pro is an entirely different beast — it runs a proprietary operating system.
Read our reviews of other top Sony Ericsson phones.
According to Sony Ericsson, the txt pro is designed for messaging and social networking. It comes with a "friends application" that enables users to add their five best friends to see Facebook and Twitter updates at a glance. The lack of 3G connectivity will hinder mobile Internet use, but the txt pro does come with Wi-Fi.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro has a 3in touchscreen with a resolution of 240x400, and the interface looks similar to the XPERIA X10 Mini. It features four shortcuts on each corner of the home screen for quick access and is described by Sony Ericsson as a "corner user interface".
The Sony Ericsson txt pro also features a 3.2-megapixel camera that doubles as a video recorder, and comes in black, white and pink colours.
The Sony Ericsson txt pro will be available in selected markets from Q3, but an Australian release date has not been announced.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- How to Watch Huawei P20 Launch Live Stream & Live Blog
- Alcatel To Pre-Load Family Zone Service On All Their Australian Devices
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Five 2017 flagship smartphones that are now less than $900
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOffice CoordinatorOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer C++, UNIX & SQL - Financial Services - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Area Planner x multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- CCTest Lead - AgileQLD
- FTTest AnalystQLD
- FTService ManagementOther
- CCSharePoint Business Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- CCPackager / Packager TesterNSW
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- TPOracle DeveloperACT
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCImplementation EngineerWA
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange Manager | Finance System ImplementationQLD
- FTIT Systems AdministratorVIC