Sony Ericsson MRC-60
- Remote control, design, ease of use
- Doesn't double as USB dock
The MRC-60 is a straightforward solution to playing music on your mobile phone through your home stereo setup.
Price$ 82.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson MRC-60 is a handy accessory that allows you to connect your mobile phone to a home stereo and control it via a remote control. The MRC-60 can control both the media player and FM radio of your phone, and the cradle doubles as a charging dock.
The MRC-60 is a really simple device; dock your phone in the cradle, plug the included RCA stereo cable into your home theatre and press play on the remote control. Ease of use is apparent, and the setup is quick and easy. Also included in the sales package is an AC charger, which plugs into the rear of the cradle next to the stereo cable. Connecting the charger means your phone will be charged every time you dock it in the cradle.
Unfortunately, despite the presence of a proprietary Sony Ericsson port, the MMC-60 doesn't double as a USB connection to your PC. We felt this would have been an excellent inclusion; specifically for those with media centre PCs. Not only could you have the phone plugged into your stereo, but it could also be synchronised with your media centre, allowing new music to be uploaded easily.
The remote control is small and compact and it includes a five-way navigational pad, answer and end call keys (for answering a call with speakerphone) as well as a source button, for switching between the multimedia player and the FM radio on your phone. The buttons do require a fair press to operate, and they are fairly flat, but overall, the remote is quite intuitive. Conveniently, holding down the previous/next buttons in the FM radio function automatically searches for frequencies.
The design of the MRC-60 is sleek and flashy, and it matched our K810i review handset perfectly. The purple light at the bottom of the cradle is a nice touch, and each time the remoter is pressed, the light flashes to indicate activity. It is compatible with the K530i, K800i, K810i, K850i, W660i, W850i and W960i handsets.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- FTDBA / Database Administrator / Data Migration AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW