Sony Ericsson HCB-100
- Up to five Bluetooth, colour coded profiles, Well laid out controls, Good sound quality and noise cancellation, Good battery life
- Not quite as good as a dedicated car kit
Voice quality doesn't compare with a dedicated car kit, but the HCB-100 is competitively priced, portable, and doesn't require installation. Definitely a winner.
Price$ 120.05 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HCB-100 is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone that is designed for use in either the office or a car. Boasting above average sound quality and the ability to connect with up to five phones, the HCB-100 is an excellent device.
The HCB-100 includes a visor clip to mount in your car. It supports Bluetooth 1.2 and will work with any Bluetooth phone or computer that supports Bluetooth headsets. For use in an office, the HCB-100 can be placed on a desk and the microphone flips up to ensure better voice reception.
The controls are well laid out and marked. There are four buttons; a call key, end/power key, and two others; one to mute the microphone during a call and turn on Bluetooth pairing mode, and the other to switch between the five Bluetooth profiles available and check battery life. The HCB-100 has a coloured LED that tells the user which of the unit's five available profiles are being used, and a volume control on the side; the latter is used to adjust both the ringing and in-call volume of the speakerphone.
The HCB-100 functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected at the touch of a button. Pressing the call key enables voice dialling (if supported by the mobile phone), while pressing twice redials. In terms of audio quality, the HCB-100 does a very reasonable job. We experienced no echo, although of course you'll need to close your car windows most of the time to avoid wind noise. The flip-out microphone definitely helps a little in this regard.
The HCB-100 measures 91mm x 76mm x 21mm and weighs 91g although the visor clip will add an additional 21g when attached. According to Sony Ericsson, the HCB-100 has an impressive battery life, rated at up to 20 hours of talk time and 250 hours of standby time. The unit is charged via the included car charger and importantly, it automatically turns off after 10 minutes without a connection, saving valuable battery life.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- TPEL1 OBIEE/Java DeveloperACT
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTSecurity AdvisorOther
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- FTNetwork Architect - Brisbane/PerthOther
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- CCData EngineerNSW
- FTSupport Consultant (Chris 21)Other
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTLead Project/Program Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC