Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 Bluetooth headphones
If you're looking for tiny stereo Bluetooth headphones--and you’re willing to pay the price for them--this ultradainty pair is just the ticket
- Compact and very light, solid music and call quality
- Very expensive, unit lacks volume controls and track skipping
If you're willing to sacrifice some phone and music controls for an ultrasmall headset with dependable audio quality--and the hefty price tag is no barrier--the Sony Ericsson package has got the goods.
Price$ 289.00 (AUD)
The main attraction of the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 headphones is their teensy size. Weighing less than half an ounce, the headphones sport an earbud-style design with a slender strand of cable connecting the two buds. Such luxury and convenience don't come cheap, though.
Sony Ericsson provides three sets of different-size earbuds in the package, though the even smallest pair were still a smidgen too large for my small ears. Nonetheless, I was able to get a reasonably good seal, and the overall fit seemed comfortable, secure, and discreet. The headphones stayed snug as I walked (and then ran) around.
In general, the headphones delivered great-sounding tracks, with crisp vocals, warm (but not overwhelming) bass, and clear reproduction of background instruments--such as a tambourine's jangles. I found, however, that dance music, like acid jazz, tended to come across as a mishmash rather than distinct tones.
Phone call quality was mostly good. People could tell I was speaking on a headset, but voices were clear at both ends. Call recipients occasionally heard a crackling sound in the background; they told me that--though my chatter blocked background noise somewhat--when I stopped talking, the loud din became quite noticeable.
The inline control unit actually dangles down from the left side of the headset. This unit houses the microphone and the action button--the headset's only control. I found it a bit annoying, as it often got tangled up in my hair, but surprisingly it didn't bob around much. You use it to turn the headset on and off; to initiate, accept/reject, and end a call; and to play or pause tunes. The HBH-IS800 doesn't let you adjust the volume or skip forward or backward through tracks. I missed that.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTProject Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - GovtOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- FTChange Manager- Engineering IndustryOther
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTMobile Application Developer (Xamarian)Other
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- FTNetwork Design SpecialistOther
- TPIT Change Manager Windows UpgradeVIC
- CCTechnical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- FTSCRUM Master, Digital Transformation, CXOther
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD