Sony Ericsson FM Music Transmitter MMR-60
- Pulsating light effects, No batteries needed, Simple and easy
- Only works with Sony Ericsson Phones
A great device; compact, simple and easy to use, the MMR-60 will find its way onto the bottom of most Walkman phone owners.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
The ability to use your mobile phone as an MP3 player has opened up a whole new way of listening to music on the move. This is especially the case for Sony Ericsson's range of Walkman branded handsets; pure multimedia devices with excellent MP3 player functionalities that have seen many people ditch their stand alone MP3 player in favor of these convergent units.
Listening to your MP3 tunes in your car is also a popular fad that has risen over the past couple of years, mainly thanks to the multitude of iPod FM Transmitters. Sony Ericsson has decided to take their Walkman phones one step further with the release of an FM Transmitter specifically for use with all Walkman branded Sony Ericsson handsets.
The MMR-60 is an ingeniously simple and small device which plugs into your mobile via the standard connection port at the bottom. Simply snap on the unit to the bottom of the phone just as you would your AC charger and you're away. There are no buttons or switches on the MMR-60; everything is operated by the Walkman interface on your mobile phone.
As soon as you plug the transmitter into your phone, a popup appears which directs you to select an FM frequency between 88.2 and 107.8. First you should select an unused frequency in your car or home radio with as least distortion as possible. Then simply select this frequency on your radio and whatever music you are playing through your phone will be transmitted via the FM frequency you've selected.
The MMR-60 also contains some useful light effects; evidenced by the orange "W" Walkman logo on the front of the unit. According to the mode of the unit, the lighting will change its tune; continual blinks means there is no connection, a few blinks at a rapid pace indicated the unit is connected and a pulsating light means that the MMR-60 is in normal operation. The orange light ensures this features looks extremely impressive and is a nice touch to an otherwise standard and plain looking device.
The MMR-60 has a range of up to 10 metres, which doesn't originally sound like much, but for use in the car and at home, it should be adequate. Conveniently, the unit remembers the last used frequency, so the next time you use your phone and plug in the MMR-60 it will automatically transmit to the previous used frequency; saving you time and hassle selecting in another signal.
When you receive a telephone call during FM transmission, the MMR-60 mutes the music automatically so you can answer the phone. This sounds like a very basic operation, but you'd be surprised how many manufacturers miss such crucial and important features in devices like this one, so it's good to see Sony Ericsson on the ball in this regard.
In terms of sound quality, the MMR-60 isn't going to blow you away; FM transmission isn't the most reliable ways of transmitting music, but for use in the car there's nothing we can complain about. The signal did drop out when we drove through areas with poor reception quality - such as through large areas of bush, but really, this is to be entirely expected. Overall though, the MMR-60 is an excellent, if simple device which many Walkman mobile phones users have been crying out for.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
- Woolworths Will Be Offering $150 Off Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost unveils new and improved Anytime Plus mobile plans
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- CCTRIM - System Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTProxy Product Owner - $800pdOther
- CCOffice365 ProPlus SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- CCTalend Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- TPPMO AnalystACT
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration lead - Energy and GasVIC
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT