Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a motion-sensitive mobile phone that has an FM tuner
- Looks good, wide variety of games, well-built, expandable memory
- Motion sensing is not effective, small number keys are too firm
If you're looking for a mobile phone that you can play a wide variety of games on, then the motion-sensing Sony Ericsson F305 might be for you.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a Boost Mobile-exclusive, motion-sensitive mobile phone. This slider handset has a 2-megapixel camera, an FM radio tuner and the ability to play MP3s.
The Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone sports an attractive white design and is well-built. An eight-way control pad sits on the front of the slider, and there is a proprietary headphone/charging port on the left side. The 2-megapixel camera sits on the back of the handset above the battery, and a Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot can be found on the top.
One of the key features being spruiked by the Boost Mobile is the Sony Ericsson F305's "Wiistyle gaming experience". The Sims 2 and Need for Speed: Prostreet are just two of the Java-based games that are included, and both are easy to control with the "gaming pad" control wheel. The 512MB M2 card that comes bundled with the Sony Ericsson F305 includes 50 extra games.
Unfortunately the "motion sensing" of the Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone isn't very effective, and we found it unable to detect anything but the most violent movements. Bowling and Basshunter are just two of the motion-intensive games included, and we found that varying the level of handset shaking did little to improve or lower our scores.
The number keys are small and have very little bounce-back. This means that you often don't know if you've properly hit a key. The numbers on the top row (1, 2 and 3) are the firmest and most troublesome.
The signal quality of the FM tuner is good, and the phone's ability to recognise songs being played on the radio (using TrackID) is a definite plus. By recording a segment of music and uploading it to the TrackID service, you can find out the name of the song and other details. The service is free to use, but data costs still apply.
Call quality is good considering the phone's $199 price tag. Volume levels are fine and we didn't notice any excessive static during our testing.
According to Sony Ericsson, the F305 mobile phone has an estimated talk time of 480min and a standby time of 700 hours.
Boost Mobile offers the Sony Ericsson F305 as part of a prepaid bundle for $199. The sales package includes the handset, a Boost SIM pack, a charger and a stereo headset with a built-in microphone.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTQuality Assurance ManagerNSW
- TPCommunications & Change AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTApplication Support ConsultantVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager | ApplicationsQLD
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCGeospatial Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical LeadACT
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Test AnalystQLD