- Design, easy to pair with a Bluetooth device, convenient, decent audio quality
The TMR-BT10 is a convenient device, but its asking price is a little steep
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The Sony TMR-BT10 is a portable stereo transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of any device, and wirelessly transmits a stereo audio signal to a compatible A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) unit. It features a shirt clip and is charged via an included AC docking station, but despite the convenience, the asking price is a little steep.
The BT10 adds wireless stereo streaming functionality to any music device with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so it's ideal for portable audio devices such as iPods. It allows users to stream their music to any compatible A2DP Bluetooth product, including headphones, or portable speaker systems.
The unit is easy to set up; users simply plug it into the headphone jack of their portable multimedia player and then pair the unit with the device they want to use. Turning on the BT10 automatically places it into pairing mode, and the unit starts searching for a Bluetooth receiving device within range (about 10 metres or so). If a password input is required on the receiving device, the BT10 uses the default '0000' code; if not, then the device automatically pairs. Overall, pairing the BT10 is a very simple process that only takes a couple of minutes.
Once a connection is established, music is ready to be streamed. We used an iPod nano (2nd Generation) and the Sony SRS-BTM30 to stream our music and the results were favourable. Audio quality is above average, although certainly not as crisp as using your music player with a regular set of headphones. We did notice a slight hissing noise in the background, but it was only evident at high volume levels and wasn't a huge issue.
The design of the unit is noteworthy, as it measures just 167mm x 34mm x 16mm and weighs only 27g. It is easy to clip to your pocket and forget about, which is quite convenient. The unit is finished in a stylish black and chrome plastic and despite its small size, Sony still managed to squeeze power and initalise buttons onto it. There are also two LED indicator lights (red and blue), showing power status and communication status respectively. The audio in plug can be stretched to about one metre in length.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTDevOps Engineers/Consultants - CloudOther
- TPDeployment EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Dynamics CRMOther
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther