- Bluetooth connectivity, Stylish design, Can run on either batteries or AC power
- Average sound quality, Expensive
The SRS-BTM30 produces average sound, but it's well-styled and offers the convenience of a wireless connection to an audio player.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
The Sony SRS-BTM30 is a portable, wireless speaker system that features Bluetooth connectivity, meaning it can pair with a compatible A2DP Bluetooth device and receive a stereo audio signal. It doubles as a regular speaker system thanks to a line-in jack, but the SRS-BTM30 ultimately places wireless convenience over sound quality.
The SRS-BTM30 produces balanced sound at lower volume levels with most musical styles. However, when the volume is raised, distortion becomes evident and the sound quality deteriorates. The bass distorted on most of the musical styles that we played, and without bass or treble controls, we couldn't tweak the output to get clearer sound.
This is an issue on many similar systems we've reviewed, so it isn't surprising, but it's still disappointing for a unit with such a high price tag. It means that the SRS-BTM30 can only be set to at a low volume level in order to produce clear sound. Those looking for a wireless speakers system for parties or for filling a room with sound will be disappointed, but it's fine for close-range, quiet listening.
Perhaps the best part about the SRS-BTM30 is its design; light, portable and quite stylish. It consists of two 48mm magnetically shielded speakers, both concealed by a black mesh. The front of the unit is finished in a dark grey plastic, while the rear features a flashy silver finish. The two speakers extend out of the back of the unit, with the space between each speaker housing the rear DC and line-in ports. This is an unconventional speaker placement, but it means the SRS-BTM30 can be laid flat, or sat in an upright position.
Controls reside on top of the unit and include an illuminated power button, an ID Set button for pairing a Bluetooth device and volume up/down controls. The buttons are firm and slightly raised, which makes them easy to press. Pairing with a Bluetooth device is a simple as holding down the ID Set button for seven seconds. This will enter the unit into pairing mode, detect any A2DP Bluetooth devices within range (ten metres, or so), and connect automatically.
The SRS-BTM30 can run either on AC power (an adaptor is included in the sales package) or on batteries. Three AA batteries can be installed in the concealed battery compartment at the bottom of the unit, and this makes the SRS-BTM30 useful for traveling. It can be a useful system to have while staying in a hotel room, for example. The rear of the unit also has an auxiliary input for the connection of alternate audio sources, but an audio cable isn't supplied with the unit.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneACT
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- TPProject Manager - Credit CardsNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - (Australian Citizens Only)Other
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD