Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 8.0
- Good range of options.
- Not easy to learn without tutorials.
Thank heavens for the tutorial system, as Audio Studio is a tough program to get into, especially if you’re one of the comparative novices at which it’s aimed. But persevere and you’ll see that this program has a strong feature set for the money.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Aimed at those who would like to edit the audio tracks of home movies, or polish demos of bands without a major-label budget, Sony has put together Audio Studio, a cut-down version of its more extensive Sony Sound Forge 8.0 program.
Audio Studio incorporates a tutorial system to guide you through the intimidating array of features. In essence, the software allows you to import audio, edit it and then export it to a variety of formats. The options at each stage, however, are considerable.
If you're feeling spontaneous, you can plug a microphone or instrument directly into your PC and create audio right away. Alternatively, you can open an existing file, create simple synthesised tunes, download material from a pay site or rip from a CD -- but you must consider copyright restrictions.
Working from a CD is probably the hardest way to approach things, because the complexity of multilayered recordings makes it tricky to follow the shape of the music, as is apparent in the screenshot above.
Once you have the audio displayed in the window as a waveform, you can chop it up and reassemble the pieces to your heart's content. Or add effects, from wah-wah to distortion, and synchronise with video. These can be tricky at first, but you should find the system reasonably intuitive after a while.
Finishing options include exporting to MP3, WMA, QuickTime or RealMedia formats, creating a podcast or burning a CD using the built-in facilities.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSecurity Operations SpecialistOther
- CCSharePoint Business Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Sharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Transition Manager (Permanent)Other
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- TPProject Manager - SEQQLD
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther
- FTSolution Designer/Architect - Java IntegrationOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerVIC
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW