So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Sony Sony ACID Pro 7
A powerful pro-level DAW package.
- Extensive feature list
- Trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insists on registering your name
The fully functional demo of Sony ACID Pro 7 shows off an easy-to-use interface and the program's multitude of pro-level features.
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
Neither the feature set nor the price are for amateurs — but if you're serious about making and mixing music, this is one of the DAW programs to consider.
Coming from a loop-based (using repeating sample files to create songs) background, Sony ACID Pro 7 takes a slightly different approach from heavyweights Steinberg's Cubase and Cakewalk's Sonar which started life as MIDI sequencers.
If you're working with and recording audio snippets, you might prefer Sony ACID Pro 7. If you use MIDI and record continuous performances, you might go for one of the latter programs.
Sony ACID Pro 7's feature list is far too extensive to list here, but the major capabilities include tons of loop-based music creation editing tools, multi-track audio recording and midi sequencing (including support for VSTi virtual instruments), video tracking, multiple bus output and inline track editing. If you don't know what all those are, you might check out some less expensive music software first.
We don't like to register names more than we have to, and don't appreciate the trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insistence on performing said procedure before using the program.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released
- Freeview relaunch 'FV' website
- Intel unveils the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2
- Adobe announces next generation of Creative Cloud
- Logitech announces Logitech Rally
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- CES 2019 Round-Up:
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10 will launch on Feb 20
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies