- Interesting design, anti-glare coating
- Trailing was evident in motion blur tests, colours not displayed particularly well
This monitor didn’t fare too well in our tests for motion blurring and it also struggled slightly in the colour tests. It did have the best viewing angles in the review though, as well as the best aesthetics, but these features aren’t enough to justify its high price tag. We expected much better overall performance for this price.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
This expensive monitor demonstrates the most intricate industrial design - it doesn't have a neck. Instead, the front bezel, which is 3cm wide across the top and along the sides, extends all the way down to the desk, where it curves forward slightly and acts as the base for the screen.
Similar to a picture frame, a rear rest then unfolds outwardly, which allows the monitor to sit, and also allows the monitor to be tilted back. It's a very nifty design that is surprisingly stable and its only drawback is that it does not allow for the monitor to be tilted forward. The control buttons for this monitor are located under the lower bezel and are slightly awkward to use to as a result.
This monitor also has an anti-glare coating. It's a thin film that makes up part of Sony's Clear Bright technology to boost the contrast ratio of the screen as well as improve the viewing angle. This is perhaps how Sony is able to claim a contrast ratio of 1000:1 with this unit. Its contrast was indeed excellent in our office.
Likewise, the wide viewing range of the screen was the best in the round-up. We were able to view the screen exceptionally well from the side and rom the top without noticing much degradation in colour and brightness. This is due to the MVA technology that the panel incorporates.
This monitor has a speed of 12ms, which makes it one of the quicker models in the round-up. However, we noticed significant trailing around the edges of the text in our motion blue tests, particularly with black text on a white background, while white text on a black background failed to remain white as it moved across the screen.
Testing with DisplayMate showed that this monitor may also struggle to display colour gradations properly. This was particularly evident in the 256-level colour intensity tests, where colour banding was clearly visible. So, if you want a monitor for intense graphics work, you may wish to look for a model with a 16.7 million colour rating. Nevertheless, we found this screen vibrant for everyday usage and especially for movie watching.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems SpecialistSA
- FTUX Design LeadOther
- TPChange Manager | 12 month contract | $1181/dayQLD
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD
- CCCapacity ManagerACT
- CCProcess Improvement LeadNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPData AnalystQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - $500 per dayOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- FTOpenText ConsultantACT
- CCCall Centre Operator /AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- CCService Desk :Team LeadWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Test Coordinator - (IMR) BrisbaneSA
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTPower BI DeveloperOther
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- CCCRM Business AnalystQLD
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD