Sony Photo Go 1.0
- Intuitive and simple to use, easy-to-understand tutorials, you can e-mail photos directly from within the application
- Sony's online photo-processing service, ImageStation is setup for US customers only
Sony Photo Go 1.0 brings true ease of use to the image-editing and -organisation market. It's perfect for those who can't or don't want to get to grips with more complicated tools.
Sony has entered the digital-imaging software fray, putting its Photo Go 1.0 application up against titles such as Adobe Photoshop Album and Corel Photo Album. With this market so well catered for, Sony could be wasting its time. However, Photo Go has an ace up its sleeve - it's genuinely intuitive and simple to use.
If you need any high-end features then Photo Go isn't for you. If you don't know anything about photo management and editing, yet want to organise and touch up your photos, then this is perfect. It's replete with easy-to-understand tutorials that take you through every aspect of the software. Even if you've never used an image-editing program before, you will be up-to-speed and able to handle this package within minutes.
Photos can be instantly imported from a camera, memory card reader or folder on your PC - you're guided through each of these processes when the time comes. You can organise your photos by adding tags, a process which is easier here than in any other application we've seen. Alternatively, use the Views folders, which group images chronologically. If you wish, you can create custom Views.
Double clicking on a photo pulls up the editing space. Click on a menu item and all the relevant tools pop up, accompanied by simple instructions. Here, you will see previews of any changes made; undoing them is a matter of clicking a button.
The software walks you through sharing your photos, helping you to print them either on your own photo printer or via Sony's online photo-processing service, ImageStation. This was set up for US-only customers when we reviewed the software. You can also e-mail photos directly from within the application.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt GOTY is on sale for $20 right now
- OneDrive Files On-Demand: How to enable it in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- The HP ZBook x2 is a wildly powerful Surface Pro rival with a tear-off keyboard
- Don't be fooled: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are just VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTHelpdesk / Support AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther
- CCICT Desktop Support OfficerACT
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD