- Small, compact and lightweight, long battery life, bright and easy to read screen
- Flimsy battery cover, rear controls hard to access, needs SonicStage software, no support for Mac
The NW-E107 is a winner in the size and looks categories, and also features outstanding battery life.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
The 1GB Sony NWE107 Walkman is a light and stylish device that has two standout features: its excellent battery life and compact size.
With its slim design and stylised looks, the NWE107 is guaranteed to turn heads. Measuring a tiny 56.2 x 56.2 x 19.2mm and weighing only 26 grams, portability will never be an issue with this device. Battery life on the NWE107 is quite simply outstanding, with up to 70 hours of continuous use available on a single, standard AAA.
The NWE107 features a backlit aqua LCD. The screen is compact without being too small, and with the backlight it is clearly visible, even in sunlight. The model we tested was Aquatic Blue, and the metallic surface surrounding the screen on the front of the device complemented the unit well. However, the battery compartment flap is somewhat flimsy and difficult to close.
The NWE107 supports a variety of file formats, including WMA, WAV and MP3 as well as ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus (Sony's proprietary formats). To upload files to the unit, the NWE107 requires you to install the supplied SonicStage software (which does not provide support for Mac OSX) and connect a supplied USB cable to your PC. Unlike other players on the market, you cannot simply plug in the device and drag and drop files. However, transferring files from your PC to the device is fairly easy and the software allows you to create specific playlists.
The sound quality of the device was above average, and there are two preset sound settings that can be switched from within the menu. You can also adjust bass and treble settings; and, even at the highest volume point, the sound did not crackle or lose quality. The headphones shipped with the unit are standard and provide reasonable quality bass.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Regulatory and ComplianceOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTOperations Improvement ManagerOther
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW