Sony Media Manager for PSP
- Handles a wide range of file formats, Clean and easy to use interface
- No Mac support, Doesn't support protected audio formats
A simple, easy to use and very convenient piece of software.
Price$ 34.95 (AUD)
Sony's Media Manager for PSP has been designed to easily transfer and convert music, movies, photos and documents from your PC to your PSP. Using a clean drag and drop interface with automatic file conversion, this is ideal for users who use their PSP as a true multimedia device.
Media Manager for PSP only works with Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, so Mac users are out of luck. The software also requires .NET Framework SP1 and QuickTime 7; the latter required if users want to encode AVC videos or playback MP4 files. Both are included on the installation disk.
The software uses an intuitive dual-window interface with PC folders and files in the top window and PSP folders and files in the bottom window. The interface is in a tab style, so switching between different media is simple. Users can also preview any media using the software before they decide to transfer it.
The best feature of this software is the automatic file conversion. Media Manager automatically converts the files to playback on the PSP when they are transferring, so there is less to do for the user. Speed is average, with the software taking just under 10 seconds to encode a standard 200k document during testing. For videos, a 5MB file took us approximately one minute to encode.
For images, Media Manager handles multiple file formats including JPG, JPEG, JPE, JFIF, PNG, GIF, BMP, DIB, TIFF and TIF. The software converts image files to the JPG format so they are viewable on the PSP. Converting the files produces smaller JPG files on the PSP's memory stick.
The PSP only supports MP3, MP4 and Sony's Atrac files for music, but Media Manager can convert MP3, WMA, WAV, PCA, OGG, M1A, MPA, M4A, M4B, AAC and MP4 audio files. Unfortunately, Media Manager doesn't support any protected audio formats, so you can't convert songs purchased from iTunes or other DRM tagged outlets.
For video, Media Manager converts most file formats including MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, QT, DV, MPG, MPEG, MPEG1, MPEG2, 3GP and M4V. The software offers two quality settings; low AVC and high AVC. We had no troubles converting any files. One minute of video will take approximately 3.5MB when using the low AVC setting, while 6.6MB will be required when using the high AVC setting. As an example, you can fit four hours and 33 minutes of video on a 1GB memory stick using the low AVC format.
In addition to these features, Media Manager also allows you to convert songs that you have on CD and handle podcasts. For the former, the software will query the gracenote CD Database, ensuring that song and artist names will be transferred to the PSP if they are available. Media Manager allows you to subscribe to your favourites podcasts thanks to a built in directory. Further, you can also add your own podcast feeds manually.
Finally, the last tab in Media Manager allows users to back-up saved games from the PSP to your PC. This can be done manually, or automatically completed each time the PSP is connected. Media Manager also allows users to transfer game saves between memory sticks.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Architect - Brisbane/PerthOther
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTUser Experience (UX) DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - FinanceQLD
- TPBusiness & Change AnalystQLD
- FTSystem and Software TestersACT
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCPortal DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCWeb Designer /DeveloperQLD
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW